All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hello from London!

Juju

Hi there! I'm Juju, I've been playing the saxophone for approximately 23 years. I play all saxes, but my main instrument is the tenor. I have been playing a Mark VI for a long time. My husband recently got a Conn 30M but still prefers his 10M, so I tried it and absolutely love the sound! Now I hope he won't change his mind!

Juju

Thanks Kev. I see you live in Germany. I lived in Hamburg for 11 years before I moved to London in 2007

Juju

Thanks Kev. I see you live in Germany. I lived in Hamburg for 11 years before I moved to London in 2007.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Have only driven through (and under the river). Good place, I believe.

andyb1970

Hi, welcome to what I have found to be a very welcoming and informative place (just joined recently too)!

TomMapfumo

Hi, Juju!

A big welcome to the Cafe from the Skabertawe Horn Section down by yer in Wales, mind. Hope you enjoy your time here - so waht music are you into/play, and where do you play it, as it were....../
Kind regards

Tom

Juju

Wow, what a nice welcome. Thanks, everyone! :)
@ Tom: I love Jazz. My favourite players are Dexter Gordon, John Coltrane, Cannonball Adderley, Steve Grossmann, Stan Getz... (oh dear, there are so many players I love!). In Hamburg I played in a big band and a saxophone quartet, but I haven't really found a regular band here in London. I mainly play for myself (there is enough stuff to practise!) or with my husband. I don't play many gigs. The last gig was back in December, it was a with a big band featuring Paul Young doing music from his "rock swings" album. I also play baritone in my husband's septet, but there aren't many gigs. The next septet gig will be around Easter...

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Juju

Welcome to the saxophone mad house there are a few serious types but were nearly all nutters in here, hope you enjoy the fun...john

Two Voices

Hi Juju,

Welcome to the Cafe! I'm with Tom in asking what kind of music do you enjoy, play and whether or in a band, quartet, etc ... Nosy lot here you know ;}

Happy blowing,

Paul

Two Voices

Hello Paul! My post #15 might answer some of your questions ;)
:blush: Thanks Juju! I love Jazz to with my current favorite being John Coltrane's version of 'Like Someone in Love' and Sonny Rollins 'Tenor Madness' and 'You Don't Know What Love Is'.

When I can afford the GAS a Bari is on the horizon!

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom