All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Hello from London - this forum is sounding a bit like Eurovision results, isn't it?!

Perera

So hello everyone!

I'm a relative newbie to the saxophone - starting out on my own with a cheapie eBay purchase last year.

My Mum died very unexpectedly in February of this year, so learning the sax, as well as providing me much needed respite from the real world, has really proven a really positive and thoroughly enjoyable challenge into which to throw myself!

I've since been taking lessons with a teacher whom I can't rate highly enough and I am loving getting more to grips with this instrument - down to the musical theory and the history of the sax (even my teacher concurs I'm a bit of a geek!) Have recently taken the plunge and bought myself a brand new sparkly YAS-280 and it was worth every penny!

Thought I'd join and say 'hello' as I keep looking up the forums for advice on everything ranging from first student sax model down to reed and ligature nitty-gritty - I have to say, the information on here is brilliantly comprehensive! Thank you!

BigMartin

Re: Hello from London - this forum is sounding a bit like Eurovision results, isn't i

HI Perera, welcome to the forum. Nothing wrong with being a geek (I hope!).

TomMapfumo

Re: Hello from London - this forum is sounding a bit like Eurovision results, isn't i

Hi Perera!

A Big Welcome to Cafe Sax from Skabertawe, some 190 miles West of London, down by yer in Wales, mind!
I'm glad you are getting somewhere with learning the sax, and hope that you continue to find what you are looking for from the Forum.
Sorry to hear about your mum, and hope that you are gradually coming to terms with all that it has involved for you.

Kind regards
Tom

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator

Welcome Perera.

Please be aware that an Eurovision entry from the past is in the cafesaxophone top ten. It is disgusting, but we kind of love it.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber

'Eurovision'...... Please don't swear, it's a family forum.

Sorry to hear about your Mum. But the sax should help.

As for geeks, try and find a copy of revenge of the nerds.....

Have fun.

old git

Tremendous Bore

Welcome to the caff©, Perera.

ENJOY!​™

llamedos

Welcome from here in windswept Lincolnshire too and sincere condolences on your sad loss.

I feel sure you will enjoy regular visits here to the fount of knowledge on all matters saxophonic - and many other things besides. Sure, there are rules but the most important are to not take things too seriously unless seriousness is justified and above all - E N J O Y!

Dave

trimmy

One day i will...

Welcome to the cafe Perera :)

Enjoy your journey :D

Justin Chune

Hello Perera and welcome to the cafe. Have fun with your sax.

Jim.

Perera

Certainly some epic hip action going on there!

Perera

Thanks everyone! Feeling very welcomed!

navarro

Hi Perera, welcome to the cafe from an ancient newbie. you will have fun here and lot`s of good advice. Best regards N.

Top Bottom