Tutorials

Hello from Juliet, Warwickshire

juliet

I'm on a right old sax journey this evening. I have six weeks of holiday and want to push my playing level up a bit.

TomMapfumo

Hi There!

A very warm welcome to the Cafe from the Skabertawe 3 button Soprano Sax Collective (SKABS)!
Are you a teacher, student, pupil or something else?! If you have some free time do tell us who you actually are, what sax you play, why a sax, what music you like, what level you are at what you hope to achieve, and such like.

Looking forward to hearing more.
Kind regards
Tom:cool:

This week I do 'ave been focussing on Nat Adderley!;}

Taz

Busking Oracle
Someone stole my thunder (Dooce) as I was going to ask, ahem....... "Where for art thou, Juliet?"

Welcome to the Cafe Juliet.

wemeetagain

can I have six weeks holiday?
haha, perks of being at school as soon as i finished my GCSE exams i had 11 weeks holiday!!!! Only 6 left now though! I know my sax playing has greatly improved in this time, including busking to improve my tenor sound and well as advancing my musical theory from a bit transcribing, i now have the great task of learning trumpet!

OP
J

juliet

Thanks all

For the welcomes. You probably worked out that I'm a teacher - hence the 6 weeks of holiday. I do teach the little musos, but only on a Friday after school in their rock/pop/jazz/fusion band. Age range 7 - 11! Otherwise I'm teaching them normal stuff like how to write English.

I'm trying to get faster and funkier and technically more accurate. (Are we all?) I like all my horns, though they're not the run of the mill/top of the range Selmer whatevers. Alto = Martin 1960s; Tenor = Yani Selmer stencil (the better one - and it plays beautifully); Sop = Antigua Yani curved sop copy - not a bad little horn for the price! I've played in a few bands and always felt like the charlatan. I'm also trying to get to double on the flute (did clarinet at school, so have that reasonably sussed) and play electric bass sometimes. Not enough time for all of it, hey?

TomMapfumo

So you do exist............! Nothing wrong with Martin - very popular instruments on the Forum (I have a 1952 Martin Imperial tenor trombone!). It is a real challenge to do justice to a wide range of instruments, but I tend to concentrate on one at a time now, with a long waiting list and aims that gradually emerge. There is always time......;}

Lots of Love
Tom:cool:

Top Bottom