All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Hello from JTyler

jtyler

My name is John Tyler. I've only been playing sax for a few years, but I've taken to it rather fast. Mainly, I play alto sax (which I believe is a Conn 1929 Elkhart), but I also play tenor and berry. I've been experimenting with a tenor recently. I know altissimo up to a high D, but I can only do this well on the alto.

I've started writing articles about music. As of right now, I only have one: http://hubpages.com/hub/Learning-the-Saxophone-the-Right-Way, but I'm working on another one (about reading music) right now. After I've done that one (and maybe another one), I'll get into more advanced techniques (such as altissimo).

Last edited by a moderator:

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi John

Welcome to the cafe I hope you enjoy being here, I think your article will be very helpful for beginners,but in your list of requirements you list reeds as being 2 or 2.5 and I feel you should advise 1.5 and 2,as from my own experience as a beginner I know I found it difficult to move up from 1.5 to 2 and would of found it almost impossible to do anything at all with 2 when I first started learning.That said it was a good read....all the best.... john

TomMapfumo

Have I met barry and has he heard of the Rico Graftonite B5 mouthpiece..........?

Whatever, greetings John from the Skabertawe Horn Section down by yer in Wales - lovely, mind....tidy place!
Kind regards
Tom

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom