All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

hello from JERICHO

Jericho Saxophones

Commercial Supporter
Hi

robbie Fraser here. im a trumpet player spy. I also supply the JERICHO horns. If any one is interested please feel free to drop me a line. If you would like a particulary brazen trumpet to add a little oomph and sizzle to your horn section id love to hear from you. im based in the hampshire area, i have a very short attention span and i havent read in 30 years but if ive heard it i can play it. If i havent heard it ill blag it.

i like the standards but ill have a pop at anything.

my horns are

taylor little phatty
taylor custom shop stradivarius model 37
matching Bb and C yamaha xenos in gold brass
JERICHO black beauty
Selmer something or other
Very rare Courtois evolution ii.
and a bunch of other junk

guest appearances with

tim minchin
jamiroquai
jamie culumn
groove armada
ozric tentacles
funkadelic
toots and the maytalls
the beat
d-influence
incognito
babyhead
larvis cocker
morcheeba
reverend and the makers
phat boy slim
echo and the bunny men
the men they couldnt hang
sisters of the scissor sisters

and many many more poor souls.

oldblower

Thats the bloke who just sold me a jericho alto, given me a sore lip because i haven't put it down since i got home! Still very happy.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Oldblower, perhaps you could sue Mr Fraser for failing to put a disclaimer on his instruments declaring "Warning, the playing of this instrument may cause the player enjoyment, thus leading to repetitive strain injury and/or soreness due to inexperienced lips!"
Robbie, (I'd best get this in quick before Old Git and the Caslm get involved and start demanding "insurance" payments) But if you follow my advice it may save you millions of pounds! Now about my fee?

Welcome to the cafe.

rhysonsax

Welcome Robbie and enjoy the caff.

That Jericho sounds tempting but I can resist ... I must resist ... I will resist ....

Where are you in Basingstoke ?

Rhys

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Robbie.

YC was a trumpeter, try and sell him a three valver as he is getting too alto saxist. >:)

ENJOY!
​™

TomMapfumo

Hi Robbie!

A Big Welcome to the Cafe from another trumpet player - great news about the Jericho alto sax; soundas like it could fill a genuine gap in the market now that BW has vacated it, by accident or design. Hope that work comes in for you. The trumpet is so much easier with only 3 buttons to press and no need for straps, ligatures and reeds.

Kind regards
Tom :thumb:

navarro

Hi Robbie "Jericho" sounds interesting, not like this I hope." Then the lamb ram sheep horns began to blow.
The trumpets began to sound.
Joshua shouted glory.
And the walls came tumbling down."

Welcome to the cafe from a marginal eccentric and failed stand up comic. Best Regards N.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Hi Robbie "Jericho" sounds interesting, not like this I hope." Then the lamb ram sheep horns began to blow.
The trumpets began to sound.
Joshua shouted glory.
And the walls came tumbling down."
I assumed this was the point in naming the model "Jericho", not that the saxophones are actually made from lamb ram sheep.

navarro

A big chortle to Pete and old git. That has me put in my place. I have now purchased a new book of "Funny Comments" which is allegedly non-offensive to vegetarians.>:) Regds N.

TomMapfumo

I assumed this was the point in naming the model "Jericho", not that the saxophones are actually made from lamb ram sheep.
They'd be popular in Wales, mind. I'll PM Birdman, isn't it.......................:thumb: Maybe Snake Davis might try one, too....... :shocked:

trimmy

One day i will...
Welcome to the cafe Robbie :) some good artists youv'e appeared with (the ones i know that is) ;}

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
A big chortle to Pete and old git. That has me put in my place. I have now purchased a new book of "Funny Comments" which is allegedly non-offensive to vegetarians.>:) Regds N.
I've always wondered what OG's shoes are made of...

navarro

I've always wondered what OG's shoes are made of...
Yes kev, however I do believe that a well tanned turnip skin make a beautiful pair of shoes as worn by a certain ex-beatles musician and featured in his rendering of Mull of Kiintyre.

According to the National Enquirer the said shoes after at least a wearing of 20 and subject to perspiration factors can be re-cycled and used as a base for a very nice vegetable stock. Please rinse thoroughly in a mild salt solution before use. (National Enquirers guide to veggies budget eating plan August edition 2001.) Must be true. :mad: Regds N. Couldn`t resist this one . "What did the veggie say to the carnivore who usually never attends gigs? Nice to see you turn-ipped. Just another little joke which did not help my stand up career. N

Last edited by a moderator:

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Welcome to the cafe Robbie.

This thread is raising three pointless questions in my mind:
1- For what religious (not tactical) reason was Jericho destroyed?
2- Can a vegan play a saxophone with leather pads? Is there an issue already about it? Should we start alarming the vegetarian saxophone world?
3- Should I pick up a trumpet (I gave it up when I was 18, but I still remember how to play it) for the sake of it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom