All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

hello from Ireland

ChrisE

I'm a long-time reader, just got around to registering. I finally picked up the alto again 6 months ago after about 20 years, can't think why I left it so long - or what I did with all that time (wife + kids + job excepted, of course). I wasn't much good back then, but I'm surprised at how quickly it came back to me. I played clarinet for a while at school, but haven't picked that up yet. Maybe I should get a tenor instead...

Thanks to everyone for all the great advice and encouragement in the cafe, even if it wasn't aimed directly at me. It's really a great place, even if I have been sitting in the corner waiting for someone to come over to talk to me (come to think of it, that's actually how I spent at least 5 of those 20 years).

Oh, and I live in Ireland, but I'm from England originally.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Hi Chris. Big welcome from me. Have fun here.

Liquorice sticks not allowed, so yes get a tenor, much more fun..... >:)

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Hi Chris

We couldn't see you so couldn't talk before:) enjoy the cafe. I guess you have a good idea about us now.

No more hiding.

Jx

Sunray

Hey Hey Chris ...

Oh! So you're the bloke who used to sit in the corner, watching all that time ...

I was always to shy to come over and say hi ... :blush:

Glad you have joined in now though mate ... :thumb:

And now that you have ... Tell us all about yourself, your musical tastes, favorite players and styles ...

and of course anything else you want to ... :)))

Welcome to the Crazzzy House ...:old:

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Chris.

Trust the second innings doesn't include bowling maidens overs.

ENJOY!​™

les3716

Hi ChrisE, Welcome to the Cafe - So you are living in the town of Leixlip - Sounds like a condition suffered by clarinet players lol.
County Kildare is a lovely place on the banks of the river Liffey & the Rye water!
Have a go at the Tenor!
Les.

quote: I finally picked up the alto again 6 months ago after about 20 years, can't think why I left it so long - or what I did with all that time (wife + kids
you wouldnt happen to have been "tidy-ied up after "would you??? i suffer from that a lot
greetings from up North
jimmy

ChrisE

Trust the second innings doesn't include bowling maidens overs.
Well, my wife's Irish, and claims she learned about cricket so she could talk to me. I think she just needed an excuse for being Irish and liking the game (though that was before Ireland beat England and cricket briefly became the national sport).

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom