All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Hello from Hertfordshire

Dr Prunesquallor

Hello everyone. I am an alto player with not a lot of experience, but I do love to play. I also double on soprano and tenor. I am looking for a band, and until Van der Graaf see fit to replace the missing Jaxon anything will do really! I love many kinds of music, at the moment I seem to be listening to a lot of 'krautrock' and contemporary classical/experimental music. Having said that I like a laugh as much as the next man, although I am quite worried, but more of that elsewhere.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Doctor.

But Doctor of what or just Prune Squallor. Would love to see your thesis.

ENJOY!

TomMapfumo

As an Alto player you should be able to feel the love! A Big Welcome from the Skabertawe Horn Collective, down by yer in Wales, mind!
Good luck with finding a band. Currently I am 12th in line to replace Gilad Atzmon - once I can afford a Morgan Fry Liquidated Meyer.

Hope you have a lovely time on the forum.
Kind regards
Tom

Knee deep in North Sea Jazz

Young Col

...nice Hertfordshire (well some of it - I go to Hatfield Uni sometimes and that's not that brill). Welcome anyway.

But those prunes. Oh dear....
YC

Dr Prunesquallor

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Being self-taught even though I've been playing 6 or 7 years I am more likely to be asking questions than having the ability to answer them, but I s'pose everyone's experience is relevant in some way.

I just got back from seeing Brand X (the Alan Barnes septet, not the dodgy Phil Collins progjazz group from the 70's) and they were blimmin' marvellous!

Young Col

Dr P
re Alan Barnes, see my Breakfastroom thread More Alan Barnes, of 9 March and Teebones' earlier one to Norfolk members. Glad you enjoyed it. He is indeed a great player and raconteur!
YC

Two Voices

Hi Doc,

Welcome to the Cafe! My main insrunebt is the Alto but I also play the Tenor and Soprano! I prefer the Alto as I find it has way more guts unlike the gentle Tenor :)))

Top Bottom