All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hello from Harrogate!

Steve John B

Just a quick hello to introduce myself: "hello!" :)

Have just bought a second-hand Hanson alto and impatiently waiting for it to arrive. I'm a total beginner so lots of questions will no doubt follow.

I've already asked about teachers and someone has kindly suggested a couple 10 minutes walk from home which is great (40 mins if I take a short cut via the pub).

Merry Christmas!

Steve

Two Voices

Welcome to the Cafe Steve,

Glad you've got a teacher sorted as that'll help get you started on the right footing. Make sure you take the short cut to the pub on the way back from the lesson though :) lol. I do a very similar thing :) .

Merry Christmas,

Paul

Young Col

Hi Steve
Welcome to the caff. Hope you enjoy the Hanson. I've not played a Hanson alto, although alto is my instrument, but OG on here has a Hanson ST8 tenor which I have played and it's a nice sax (although it was set up by Griff, also on here).
YC

TomMapfumo

Hi there Sloop!

Welcome to the Cafe from the Skabertawe Horn Section down by yer in Wales - Tidy, mind:shocked::w00t:;} . Here's hoping that the Hanson is all its cracked up to beand that you start on a good footing...with teacher etc. What sort of music are you hoping to play on sax when you are up and running......be interested to hear.

Lots of stuff to discuss when you are underway - reeds, mouthpieces, ligatures, music, technique and stuff - fire away with any questions. My advice is always to start slowly - just a few notes at a time, and concentrate on getting a good sound for each note, with good breath control so that your sound is really consistent. Once that is under your belt then you can concentrate on technique but don't be in a rush.

Hope it goes great guns & have a Cool Yule!
Kind regards

Tom:cool:

johnboy

Hi Steve, welcome aboard.

I have a Hanson ST6 tenor, which I used as my number one, until recently (a good well made instrument).

Enjoy the humour, I can see from your introduction, that you won't be slow to ask questions and join in.

Once again, welcome,
John.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff Sloop John B.

Dammit. Now you know I admire the Bleach Boys. Someone above mentioned humour. There ain't any.

ENJOY!

Sunray

Welcome mate ...

Hey Hey John B ...

If you blow hard enough I should be able to hear you from King's Lynn ... ;}

Take fings real slow mate and enjoy your journey ... :w00t:

Cheers ... :cheers:

visionari1

Gday Steve,

Welcome to the Cafe,

The more the merrier, especially this time of year.....no snow around here in New Zealand though!

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Merry Christmas Steve and welcome to the cafe,like every one else is saying, with the sax slow is good so take your time and enjoy it that's the most important part,ALL THE BEST FROM MANCHESTER....john

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom