All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hello from Canada

Jazzaferri

I just signed up here mostly because I was so taken by Pete's support of music for kids with disabilities

I have been playing music either as a vocation or an avocation much of my life. I played sax from age 8-20 and acoustic guitar from 15 to the present. Started back playing sax after a dental operation 4 years ago that corrected a problem at age 20 when I bit a steering wheel rather harder than I should have. (car was a write off so am thankful that was all that happened)

I play alto mostly now,layer sop until Christmas but that's another boring story of getting on in life.

Anyway hi all

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
Hi.

Some of us offer useful advice.

Some of us disagree with it.

It's up to you to decide who is right.

It's how the internet works everywhere.

Hope you have fun playing sax.

There's no point otherwise.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Big welcome from me. Glad the car came off worst. If you're moving up from sop to alto, it'll soon be time for a tenor. Have fun!

Jobylou

Hi and welcome!
so glad that you were able to return to sax playing, that must have been a horrible time for you at 20, so glad that you were ok (dental problems aside).
enjoy the rest of your musical journey!
Jo :)

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Jazzaferri.

Canada, home of BiaB and other useful applications, as I must learn to call them.

ENJOY!​™

TomMapfumo

Ah, Canada,.....................land of the Marc Jean Ligature, and other things as well!

Welcome to the Forum from the Skabertawe Horn Section over here in Welshland.
Kind regards
Tom

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Welcome to this side of the pond, and thanks for your help re: Rawchestra

Ah, Canada,.....................land of the Marc Jean Ligature, and other things as well!
Legere reeds to name a few.

Just watched the bones episode where Temperance has a "run in" with the canadian podiatrist, bit of an unfair stereotype but nice that he got the upper hand. Well, as much as you can with bones.

flamingoer

Welcome - there's so much going on here.

I've just discovered another great Canadian; Montreal based saxman
and restorer, Al Mclean. What a lovely player. Track down 'Ring around the Rosie'
on Youtube, or maybe you hear him live?

allansto

so I thought Id just get you to clear all that up!!!!!!
You played sax for 12 years
had an accident how long ago?
How long were you unable to play sax for?
Welcome by the way
allansto

Plod

Hi and "Good Day Eh", Visited your beautiful City last August, much nicer that Regina Saskatchewan where I worked and froze for two years, unfortunately I imported a 'stubble jumper' back to the UK, and I've still got her! Really glad your back playing and long may it continue

Cheers

Glyn

Jazzaferri

My goodness, what a wonderfully welcoming group. Thank you all.

For allansto I bit steering wheel in 69 and left a few teeth embedded in the wheel started playing a bit of sop 2008 and in fall of 2010 enrolled at Victoria Conservatory/camosun College for degree in jazz performance with sax as major.

I look forward to getting to know the denizens of this forum.

We Canadians stereotype quite well and yes we do tend to apologize to walls when we bump into them eh!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunray

Hey Hey Jazza ...

Welcome to the Cafe mate ...

Last one in gets the teas ... :)

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom