All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Hello from California!

Dave Keplinger

Hello everone I'm Dave. I love music and love the sax. I play alto sax but just picked it up again after not playing it for about 10 years. A little history I used to play my whole childhood until about 20. I was in jazz band in high school and only played a few years after that. I got cought up in life and troubles and the sax was packed away. I recently met my real dad 3 years ago who is an awesome bass player and who has won many awards for his playing. He has inspired me to pick up the sax again and start playing. I've been to a few gigs of his listening and that fire has been lit in me again. It helps too that I married a wonderful wife who plays trumpet. I have a lot to re learn but hopefully with tons of practice over the next few years I can play in some gigs as well. I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys. Thanks for having me!
Dave

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Hi Dave, big welcome from me. Have fun getting back into the sax. And even more fun getting to know your real father!

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Welcome Dave. you already have bass and trumpet. need a pianist (a son?) and a drummer, that you better outsource, in order not to have he/she at home.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Yes that's the basis of The Atascadero Horns. My wife just plays merry hell.
Welcome from sunny Ilkley, West Yorkshire. (First time this year I think).
Andy

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Dave

A great intro from you I'm sure it will all come flooding back quicker than you think especially with jazz playing at a young age,if you could do it then it will be no problem now,enjoy your new musical journey....All the best....John

Fizgil

Yes that's the basis of The Atascadero Horns. My wife just plays merry hell.
Welcome from sunny Ilkley, West Yorkshire. (First time this year I think).
Andy
HI Andrew just down the road here in BD17 soon to be BD18 - any local tips for listening/learning much appreciated by this beginner.

Gareth WG

Hi Dave, good to hear your back on the horse.....so to speak. I am sure having musical family members around you will speed up your skills. I personally love my jazz class where i am the beginner as i call myself the "18 stone sponge", constantly asking questions and learning every session.....i am lucky as the group are patient with me and i know my enthusiasm adds a buzz.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom