support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from boarding school in Connecticut!

DyerA12

Locality
Kent, CT and Salida, CO
Hey everybody,
I'm Allison and I'm 17 and have been playing saxophone for seven and a half years (alto for four and bari now for three and a half). I'm originally from Colorado, but moved to CT two years ago to go to school and have been playing in bands and rehearsing eighteen hours a week since I started here at school. I've also been learning drums now for about four months and plan to music major and double major in another field in college.

All the best!

A big wave from Norfolk in the UK ...

Hey hey Allison ...

Nice to meet you ...

I am only 63 and I am a total beginner [n00b] to all things Music ...

I started out mid last year and have an Alto and Tenor Sax ... I am also learning to read the dots ... :shocked:

I hope you enjoy it here at the Cafe ...

Cheers ...

Hi Alison, good to have you here. I'm really impressed by your practice regime! Have lots of fun here. I bet you'll be answering more questions than you ask!

Welcome to the caff, Alison.

Would you be willing to aid Cymru-Americo understanding by Marshal Loaning me your baritone? (There is a joke in there, somewhere)

ENJOY!

Welcome aboard Alison.

Keep at it, you sound as if you're almost there!!!

John.

Hi Allison,
Welcome to the cafe, we will learn a lot from you no doubt.
Have Fun, Rob.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I think I'll love it in the Cafe and will learn (and maybe teach a little bit) from everyone!

Hello Allison and a warm welcome to the cafe. I mostly play the baritone and I just love it.

Jim.

White with no sugar ...

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! I think I'll love it in the Cafe and will learn (and maybe teach a little bit) from everyone!

Never mind about all that Allison ... :gathering:

How's about "you get the tea's in" ... :))) *Big Grin*

Hey Sunray,

It's the ones in Boston that do the "tea bit"!!!! .......*little grin* .......Nah, BIG one really!

Only joking Alison!

John.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Alison!

Greetings from the Skabertawe Horn Section down by yer in Wales, near England. I mostly play Trumpet, with Alto sax and Tenor Trombone as backup - I'm a 12hr a week musician, merely 52yo, and love North European Jazz. I hope that have a great time at the Cafe, and look forward to hearing about your progress as a musical dude.

Kind regards
Tom

Hi Allison

Welcome to the cafe,best of luck with the major, best I achieved was lance corporal:)))...john

Hi Allison,

Welcome to the Madhouse .. whoops meant Cafe :)))

18 hrs a week is quite a bit of practice went concentrating on other things too! :welldone

Paul

Hi Allison. Boarding school eh? Yeah, been there, done that, and great fun it was too. Does your school specialize in music or is the 18 hrs/week just you? Oh, and welcome!

Joel

Hi Allison. Boarding school eh? Yeah, been there, done that, and great fun it was too. Does your school specialize in music or is the 18 hrs/week just you? Oh, and welcome!

Joel

Thanks for the welcome :)
And the school doesn't focus on music (if anything it's main focus is rowing crew, which I'm also apart of) so the 18 hours a week is all me. I could do more (in fact I may be joining yet another group soon), but for now it's jsut my over enthusiasm for playing.

Ine thought about Uni - if you want to study abroad, there are excellent music schools in Vienna and Salzburg. Beautiful parts of the world as well. Need to learn some German, though.

Welcome to the Cafe Allie - and thanks for your message :)

I've sent a reply, but got an error message - I hope you receive it? Let me know if you don't.

Yay! Another spirited lady saxophonist ;)

Glad you're here, enjoy the Cafe!

Big welcome from me too Allison, hope you enjoy the cafe. Phil

Hi there and welcome,

I think I already congratulated you on your tune.

Frank.

Back
Top Bottom