All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Hello from Belgium

New Member Introduction
This is an introduction (not an ad or question about saxophone)

Wietse

Hi everybody. I've been playing the saxophone, next to clarinet and flute, for about almost 30 years... (Now I am starting to feel old :) ). I've got a jazz degree and play around a bit and also do some teaching in the Brussels area. I am joining because I just love reading and discussing everything that is saxophone related! Still very passionate about this instrument... Cheers!

Wietse

My main axe!

IMG_3583.jpg

Wietse

I've got the entire Yamaha family at home:
-82Z straight soprano, lacquered
-82Z I ULwoF# & 82Z II ULwF# alto
-82Z I ULwoF# @ 82Z II ULwF# tenor
-YBS 62 baritone
Very happy with these horns!
I also have a Keilwerth nickel silver tenor, also a very nice horn and an older Yanagisawa 990 soprano.
Down the road I played some VI's and Balanced Actions, some Conn's and Bueschers, but they're all gone now.
Although those were very nice too...

saxyjt

Saxus Circus Maximus
Subscriber
Welcome to the café Wietse. Looks like you will enjoy it here.

I live on the East side of Paris where, I'm told, they used to speak French... :rolleyes: Now, even my kids speak strange language.

I used to drive through your country on a regular basis as I worked in NL for a while.

Wietse

Welcome to the café Wietse. Looks like you will enjoy it here.

I live on the East side of Paris where, I'm told, they used to speak French... :rolleyes: Now, even my kids speak strange language.

I used to drive through your country on a regular basis as I worked in NL for a while.
Paris is just little over an hour away by train these days and French is my second language, although my kids still need some practice on that... I used to perform als quite often in the Netherlands, but since this virus thing... I practice more at home :)
But anyways, Paris is a great place!

Adrian63

Paris is a great place ; I've been lucky enough to play there . Belgium is also real nice : only ever passed through spending one night maybe but yeah always had a great time...

Wietse

Paris is a great place ; I've been lucky enough to play there . Belgium is also real nice : only ever passed through spending one night maybe but yeah always had a great time...
Belgium is so small that you can pass in either direction in a 2 hour drive, so yeah... But in normal times, there is a lot of music happening. Theaters, festivals,... Let me know if you ever play a concert in the neighbourhood.

Top Bottom