All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hello from Athens Greece!

ellinas

Hello

I'm really excited to be a member of this forum!
I'm a 32 year old jazz/funk Hammond B3 organ player that decided this October (2012) to start learning the saxophone.

My setup : Yamaha YTS-32 / Vandoren T35 / Yamaha Ligature / Rico Royal 2,5 or Vandoren Classic 2 and I'm really really happy with what I can do so far!!! I'm going the classical route in studying as I find this approach really really challenging. That's what I did with the organ and I don't regret it!

Tenor is the sax of choice but I'm soon going to get an alto as well. ( any ideas? I'm thinking about a Jericho mkii or a beuagnier alto - i know I'm cheap but that's the best I can do for now - )

Combining my playing by ear abilities with the hard work that the Klose And Deville Methods need for a newbie, I'm working hard to work on my tone, finger and embouchoure, My mind is faster than my novice playing abilities, but this is good because it reminds me the thrill of discovering a new instrument!

Isn't it a thrill when you're young and experiment learning your instrument, discovering a whole new world when you understand and "hear" what you read in the theory books???

That's how I feel again. 10 years old! :)

So hello from Athens, and I hope I will be able to contribute here as I see there are tons of information and it's always nice to give back information or knowledge!

Stelios

trimmy

One day i will...
Hello Stelios and a warm welcome (not as warm as Athens) to the cafe :)

Enjoy your journey, as you seem to be doing :D

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Hi Stellos, big welcome from me. Nothing wrong with either of the chioces you mention. Have fun!

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Hi

Welcome from me too, it's lovely to read such an enthusiastic post, long may you remain 10:)

Jx

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Stelios.

Hammond eh? Need a van shifting that around and servicing costs make saxophone ownership seem cheap. If you are giving it away, can offer a good home.>:)>:)>:)

ENJOY!

ellinas

Welcome to the caff©, Stelios.

Hammond eh? Need a van shifting that around and servicing costs make saxophone ownership seem cheap. If you are giving it away, can offer a good home.>:)>:)>:)

ENJOY!
Well my b3 with its matching leslie speaker is sitting home. I mostly gig/rehearse using a digital clone which is not as bad as it sounds at all. In fact 95% of the sound is there and i can carry it without help from others. But theres nothing in the world as riding the real thing.

Hammonds ands saxes are both not so neighbour friendly! Haha

Having played saxophone for only some months I can surely say that im going to spend lots of money on the sax too.
i have already changed 3 mpc's , looking for an alto etc.... The possibiliies and choices in the world of saxophone are endless!

But what seems common in both worlds is that theres always one thing that can improve your result and thats practice practise practise!

TomMapfumo

Hi Stelios!

A Big Welcome to Cafe Sax from the Skabertawe Manifesto Funk Horn Section down by yer in Wales! Glad that you've already seen the light and need to get an Alto. We all hope that you enjoy it here!

Kind regards
Tom :thumb:

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
Hi Stellos a warm welcome from me too :)

navarro

Hi Stelios, welcome to the cafe. I really like the Hammond organ you do not see many around these days. Regds. N.

ellinas

True!
Hammond since the 00s has made a comeback!
Clonewheels (digital hammonds ) helped a lot.

s.

Strobe

Kalimera Stelios
It's wonderful to have you in the cafe. I spent the winter of '71/2 on Rhodos. Loved it!
From snowy Scotland, best wishes...

Reed Warbler

Hi Stelios, welcome. You too have found it's never too late to have a happy childhood. I took up the sax recently after years of trombone and bass guitar. It's such a responsive instrument and, dare I say it, quite easy compared to a lot of other horns. You could try spinning on a heel to get the Leslie effect. Much easier to carry shoes up a staircase! Enjoy.

Gary in San Diego

Stelios,

Welcome from San Diego, California. In my youth I played in a band with a B3 and loved, and still love, the B3/tenor sax sound.

Gary

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom