support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from Amanda tootin Taylor of Tooting!

Amanda tootin' Taylor

Locality
Tooting, SW London
Hello,

I've been lurking and reading all the really useful threads, and thought I really ought to be polite and join in!

I've just begun my adventure with the alto saxophone. My nearest and dearest very kindly took out a rental package for me with the option to buy the saxophone at the end of 6 months as my Birthday and Christmas present. He'll only take the purchase option if I can play Candy Dulfer's solo on Lily Was Here after 6 months, so no pressure!

I'm really enjoying learning the sax - I've been playing for 6 weeks now and am getting on fairly well. Fortunately I can read music as I played the flute at school (back in the mists of time), and much of the fingering is similar so that helps. Blowing is a different matter altogether though!

I'm learning on an Alto Saxophone Sakkusu MkII made by Sax.Co with a Yamaha 4c mouthpiece and lig and I've just started using a grade 2 reed having started on 1.5.

Thanks for this really helpful forum - I don't feel so alone now!!

Hi, big welcome from me. I guess that as a lurker, you know what you're letting yourself in for here. Have fun!

Welcome to the cafe. Lily was here eh? Well, at least your OH has good taste!

He'll only take the purchase option if I can play Candy Dulfer's solo on Lily Was Here after 6 months, so no pressure!

Did he specify "on the Sax" Amanda, Maybe you could play it on the Flute..

Welcome aboard, I'm sure you will enjoy the trip.

Welcome aboard Amanda.....lots of useful info and encouragement from all levels of players.

Enjoy!

Amanda (another one!)

Welcome to the cafe rooting tooting Amanda :) your OH hasn't set you a tough target, :w00t: easy peasy in your sleep, that is :shocked: great tune if you can learn it, :)

Keep blowing I'm sure he'll enjoy it !!! :w00t::w00t:

Hi Amanda!

A Big Welcome from Skabertawe, down by yer in Wales, mind.
I only discovered the Candy Dulfer song about two weeks ago - lovely track. I have met Dave Stewart a few times, when he was part of the Eurythmics back in the early 80's. Candy has a nice website with a useful section called "Sax Education" which has the music to Lily in PDF form.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy being part of Cafe Saxophone, and look forward to hearing about your progress over the coming months to your hubbies ultimatum.:sax: :crying:

Kind regards
Tom;}

Hi Amanda

A big welcome from me too :)

Jx

Former "Tooting Boy" waves from Norfolk ...

Hey Hey Amanda ...

I spent many years living and growing up in "Dear ole Tooting" ...

Sunray's Reign - [1958 to 64] & again in [1974 to 78] ...
I was a very good child ... View attachment 903 Honest I was ...

A Big Welcome from me ...

I am sure you will nail Lily in five ... ;}

Have loads of fun here and ask all those questions that seem to pop up so often ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Amanda. You're pretty well close enough to join the Croydon and sarf Lunnun Massive gang on here. As one of the cognoscenti we promise not to try to flog you a fake gold sax neck down Surrey Street market.
Enjoy learning!
YC

Welcome to the caff©, Amanda.

Almost neighbours.

ENJOY!

Welcome aboard Amanda, dive in and enjoy the fun (Fun? it's all deadly serious).

John.

Good luck Amanda from sunny Newcastle. This is a great forum with lots of people happy to help if you have a question.

Keep blowin,

Hi Amanda, I started on flute many years ago too - long break took it up again and then onto Sax - the hard bit of learning the basics of music and the very similar fingering is already done - be patient with the embouchure and I'm sure with a bit of determination you'll nail Lily was here and get to keep your Sax :welldone

be patient with the embouchure and I'm sure with a bit of determination you'll nail Lily was here and get to keep your Sax :welldone

As Chuck Heston said about his rifle: "...from my cold, dead hands..."

Back
Top Bottom