All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Hello from Aarhus, Denmark

New Member Introduction
This is an introduction (not an ad or question about saxophone)

Theodor

I'm an international student at the Aalborg University of Denmark, currently doing a study on the effects that technology can have on learning the saxophone. I actually also plan to learn it myself. Really, I started this project because I've had an interest in saxophones for many years, I just never really got the chance to learn. I'll have questions for everyone about their process, both in learning and teaching. These can be simple forum questions, surveys or even interviews if anyone is interested (and if it's allowed to post).

I have played the piano and guitar before so I'm not a complete stranger to music, but let's see where this goes. I'm also currently looking in buying either a regular Alto Saxophone or an electric one (since then I could practice without bothering anyone and record it).

Kind regards,
Ted.

rhysonsax

Subscriber
Welcome to the Cafe, Ted and that sounds like an interesting area of study. And it must be great to be there in Denmark.

Looking forward to seeing where your study goes and what saxophone you get. There should be plenty of advice available from forum members.

Rhys

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
Velkommen til caféen.

I used to live in Aarhus many, many years ago.

Theodor

Thanks everyone, excited to see people who have lived in and around Aarhus. In my search for communities of musicians and saxophone players, I've been quite surprised on the size of the scene here.

Also very happy to notice so many people who could help me both get better at the instrument and a better understanding for my research.

Phil

Commercial Supporter
Welcome from France. It would be intersting to hear what you are planning with your research.

Theodor

@Phil @mizmar Hi and thanks, to the both of you. I can't really go into more detail for now, especially since I'm worried it might affect the info we get in the survey, but also cause it's so early, but I always try to keep anyone who helps us up to date, and since there's so many nice people here, I'm sure I'll keep coming back until we hopefully have something to show.

Top Bottom