All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hello from a new player

cjR

I have been lurking around for a few weeks - the forum is great very helpful.
As I decided to ask a question (and will probably have many more) I thought Id better introduce myself.

So at the age of 30 I have taken up alto saxophone. This is the instrument I wanted to play as a kid. When I was at school I was able to start out with free lessons unfortunately there was no sax teacher so I made do with brass. I started on tenor horn (aged 7) then became a trumpet player. I hit a bit of a wall with trumpet when I was about 14, a combination of not enough practise (or the wrong practise) meant I was lacking the range to progress in grades and couldnt take the first chair in the bands I played in. It all became a bit demoralising, at which time I put down the trumpet and started playing guitar (and later the bass). I've had a lot of fun playing these over the years, while the trumpet has made the occassional appearance playing with friends bands and on recordings "the wall" has always been there, despite my love of jazz and improv I have been reluctant to really get back into it. I was delighted to get a sax for my 30th birthday from my girlfriend. Hopefuly now, older and wiser there will be no wall for my sax playing !

Saxade

He cjr .... You gotta love a girlfriend with taste... You are going to love the journey... a lot too learn but that's the reward in the end.... Have Fun

Adrian

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Big welcome from me. Can only echo the comments about your girlfirend's taste!

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, cjR.

How far away from Croydon does your girlfriend live as I'd like a baritone and it is an important birthday as well.>:)

ENJOY!​™

llamedos

Many welcomes to this happy place. In my dotage I may be missing something but in your post I couldn't find the question you wanted to ask. I shall look in other places but in the meantime enjoy your journey.
Dave

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Hi cjr,
No walls? I don't think so! But you're big enough to smash 'em down now.
Just have fun.
Andy

navarro

Hi and hello cjr from a very new newbie I started alto 4 months ago at the age of 75. Joining this forum was the best thing I ever did, and the advice and encouragement I have received has been fantastic. A real nice forum of ladies and gentleman. Best regards N.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom