support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello from a beginner

marshccc

Hi all

I've signed up because I think I might be needing some advice in future. Just started sax about 2 months ago. Got myself a second hand Amati Corton Bb tenor from that there popular internet site for a pretty decent price.

Been working on my embrouchure, basically just getting a note and getting comfortable. Been tapping away without blowing of an evening just getting used to the mechanics of fingering. I have been playing guitar for 30 years so a new instrument is a really exciting challenge, especially one that is completely different to guitar.

I will probably be back soon asking about mouthpieces and reeds, I've posted a question about what looks to be an attack of rust inside the bell. Probably due to me only just finding out about proper drying and cleaning at the end of a session.

Cheers, and hope to speak to you all soon.

Chris
UK

Big welcome from me. Don't just come back with questions, join in the chat and banter. Have fun!

Welcome to the cafe Chris, mines a latte :)

Welcome to the caff©, Chris.

Another axe player. What styles, please?

ENJOY!​™

Welcome aboard like Kev said your welcome to join in the fun too we like to keep our sax addiction amusing in here.....John

Welcome to the cafe, Chris. Lots of useful information here, especially when you can sift it out from the lateral and tangential threads! :)))

Hi Chris welcome from another beginner 7 months alto. Best forum here, best advice and laughs galore. You are going to love it. best regards N.

the lateral and tangential threads! :)))

Good name for a band, Mand!

Welcome mate. Another guitarist to join. Is this a take over bid?
It's good to try playing some guitar licks on your sax. Some work, some don't.
Have fun

Andy

Hi Chris UK!

A Big Welcome from the Skabertawe Horn Section down by yer in Wales, mind!

Once you've mastered your Embrouchure you will then be able to work on your Embouchure proper and start to play some tunes.......:shocked::w00t:;}

Any particular hopes and ambitions sax wise? I wish you well and look forward to hearing how you get on.
Kind regards
Tom :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom