All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hello everyone

Hello all

I'm Jools, heading dangerously toward 50 and have been playing sax on and off for around 30 years. For me playing sax is about enjoyment, chilling and the perfect antidote to work etc etc..

I've played alto mostly but decided to buy a tenor at christmas and it's sparked it all off again :w00t:.

I bought Pete's 'Taming the Saxophone' book to help me smooth things out a bit, and I have to say it does what it says on the tin.

Anyway, excellent forum & looking forward to being part of it.

Regards

Jools

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi jools

welcome to the cafe,I'm a bit surprised no one else has said hello yet, you've not upset somebody already have you? any way I hope you enjoy the forum...john:)

Two Voices

Hi Jools,

Welcome to the Cafe! I agree with you about Pete's Book 'Taming the Saxophone'. Its helping me no end :D

With 30 years experience I'm sure you'll adjust to the Tenor quite quickly!

Happy blowing,

Paul

John -

I hope not, I've only said hello. (Mind you that does annoy the missus sometimes)
I think the post had to be verified as I'm new.

Thanks for the welcome people

Jools

Sunray

Welcome to the Cafe ...

Hey Hey Jools ...

Where abouts are you mate ? .... I am in North Norfolk [UK] *Big Wave*

Don't worry about the fifty bit ... You ain't even halfway ... ;}

I am just a beginner [Alto n Tenor] ... But I totally agree with your reasoning for playing the Sax ...

PS ... What's work? :)))

Ville K.

Hello Jools,

And a warm welcome to the Café :)

For me playing sax is about enjoyment, chilling and the perfect antidote to work etc etc..
Same goes for me too ;}

See you around. In the mean time, enjoy the Café!

Kind regards,

VirusKiller

Hi Jools, welcome on board. I've found "Taming the Saxophone" very useful too, not least the first warm-up exercise. In fact, playing that exercise at tempo is one of my main technical goals for this year.

Joel

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Last Jools I knew was stunning, but she spelled her name with a u.

Oops - forgot, there's a guy on here called Jules as well.

Have fun, it's going to get even more confusing.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi Jools and welcome to the centre of the universe! (well just next door actually, but close enough)

teebones

Subscriber
No it' Not is it ???? It's Not the truly Great JOOLS HOLLAND :))):))):)))

Hi Jools welcome, just enjoy.;}

Tony (teebones):mrcool

johnboy

Welcome aboard Jools.

Dive in and enjoy the fun.
I too came over all strange, when you mentioned "work" (there's an opening for someone).

John.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all and thanks again for the welcome.

Sunray - I live in Kent, and thanks for the comment about the fifty thing, I feel much better now!!.
Not that it's been bothering me, but I did ask myself at half 3 the other morning, I wonder if there's anyone in heaven who said " I wish I hadn't played that saxophone so much"

Sunray

Goinig Down ...

Hi all and thanks again for the welcome.

Sunray - I live in Kent, and thanks for the comment about the fifty thing, I feel much better now!!.
Not that it's been bothering me, but I did ask myself at half 3 the other morning, I wonder if there's anyone in heaven who said " I wish I hadn't played that saxophone so much"
Oh! Jools ...

Just to let you know mate ...

We don't go up there ... >:)

Kevgermany - Don't think it was me, I'm a guy too and I'd need a taser to be described as stunning.

Sunray - You're probably right mate, I'll stay down here with the rest of us!

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom