All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hello everyone from United States, Wanting to learn to read music and play saxophone.

SPENCERA

Im 61 years old and would like to be able to read music and play the saxophone. I've always wanted to do this in my life but for one reason or another I was side tracked. when one is young and raising children there never seems to be enough time to do the things you would like to do. So here I am my children are grown and married, I've been retired for years and have the time to practice, listen and learn. :welldone

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Big welcome from me! It's a fun journey. Learning to play from the music is a good move, but so is learning to play by ear. If you can manage it, being able to do both is best.

Lots of fun and help here, you're in good company.

What are you going to start on?

And beware GAS!!!!!!!!

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Spencera.

You teenagers come on here etc. etc. :) You'll find plenty of members who took up saxophone much later than you. Just treat it as fun and don't be afraid to ask questions. You might not get the correct answer but we'll try.;}

ENJOY!

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Hi Spencera, a big welcome from me too :)

I recently took up the sax with no musical background, it is great fun, if frustrating at times;}

Jx

Sunray

Welcome to the Cafe ...

Hey Hey Spencer ...

I started last year @ the sprightly age of just 63 ...

I hadn't previously learned any Music Theory nor played an instrument ...

It's really great to be able to prove the old saying wrong

You Know the one ... "Old Dogs n New Tricks" ... :)))

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Welcome aboard!
I started learning as a mere stripling aged 47 - there are good times and bad times whatever age you start! The main thing is that you've made the best choices - to play the sax......and to join this forum!

Enjoy!

Amanda

TomMapfumo

Hi again, SPENCERA!

A Big Welcome to Cafe Saxophone - so what sax are you interested in learning? Go for the one that you really want to. They all play slightly differently and play certain music better than others. Lots of folks start on the Alto, which can be a mistake if you really want to play Tenor, Baritone, Soprano. All have their foibles. Good luck whichever you choose, or may have already chosen.

Kind regards
Tom

trimmy

One day i will...
Hi Spencera

Welcome tot the cafe :) plenty of late starters on here which makes it a great forum as we understand the pro's and cons of starting late, i would say more pro's as it's what we want to do, the con's for me is not having more time to practice :( which is not the case for you.

Enjoy your new journey :sax:

allansto

Jump on in spence, the water is warm and the pool is bottomless,welcome!
By the way, this club seems to transcend all nationallities,
Im from Australia, but us aussies wont care if you were ` born in the usa`
Music is one language that trully is universal.All you need is love
Its all fun from here.
Good luck . look forward to hearing how you get on!

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
Hi Spencera, welcome to the Cafe.
It's a lovely place full of really helpful guys and gals. And as it says somewhere on here: the only silly questions are the ones you don't ask; so ask away.
I feel somewhat young...I started learning 2 1/2 years ago, aged 43...

tommy

Welcome to the caff©, Spencera.

You teenagers come on here etc. etc. :) You'll find plenty of members who took up saxophone much later than you. Just treat it as fun and don't be afraid to ask questions. You might not get the correct answer but we'll try.;}

ENJOY!
are you feeling ok old bean thats mild for you wheres the old get gone

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi Spencera, there are a lot of great players in here, and many of them are self taught. If I remember rightly, our very own PT is one of them!
Have a ball mate and enjoy every moment of it, just remember, it's supposed to be fun!
Welcome to the cafe.

visionari1

Welcome to the Forum,

I'm exactly the same age...been playing 25 years and still call myself a beginner.

It's all fun around here!

Enjoy

Andante cantabile

Spencer

It really is worth making the effort to achieve a reasonable proficiency on the saxophone. There will be some moments when you wonder you made the right decision, but the day will come you make a squeak and you remember that it actually hadn't happenend for some time.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom