All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hello, Bonjour, Hola, Ola, Gutentag, Bora dar and Calispera.

gazzasax

Hi there,
Figured I'd introduce myself before getting stuck in. Must admit I have sneakily been perusing this forum for bits of info for donkeys and decided I'd join up finally so I can get involved in the fun.

I have been playing sax for about 6 years. Mainly alto, I used to have a tenor and then I sold it and have regretted it ever since so I'm going to buy a new one soon.

My favourite sax players are probably the mighty King Curtis, Hamiet Bluiett, James Carter and Sonny Rollins.

I work as a music tutor (nah this isn't a plug) mainly teaching guitar and other fretted string instruments and a bit of trumpet. Also I have a flute student, even though I don't play flute but she picks my brain incessantly on chord scales, modal soloing, jazz harmony and other things that make my brain ache. Sadly no wee sax students at the moment but nevermind.

My ideal ice cream sundae would consist of equal parts ice and cream.

So that's about it.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Morning, big welcome from me. Sorry it took a while to validate this post, new members posts aren't visible until one of the mods comes on line and authorises it. Keeps the spammers out.... You should have seen a warning message when you posted.

Have fun!

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, gazzasax.

If you've been watching this site for donkeys, well we have a few.

ENJOY!​™

johnboy

Welcome to the caff©, gazzasax.

If you've been watching this site for donkeys, well we have a few.

ENJOY!​™
EE-AW-WAYS has a go at us youngsters ;}

Welcome aboard Gazza. Dive in and enjoy the fun!

John :);}

jeremyjuicewah

Hi Welcome. I am a east yorks type meself and will be moving back as soon as I can afford to stop working full time, which may be twenty years since I have had a bas gas attack last two weeks. Re your flute student, coincidently I had for the first time a lesson last week with a non sax playing musician and I got loads out of it. Good luck
Mike

gazzasax

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone. If anyone's ever in the neighbourhood (Beverley specifically) my doors are always open for a jam and coffee.

Sunray

Hey hey Gazza ...

Welcome to the Cafe mate ...

Just to clarify ... Is the Jam on toast and is it brown or white? ;}

Well someone had to didn't they ...:)))

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Hey hey Gazza ...

Welcome to the Cafe mate ...

Just to clarify ... Is the Jam on toast and is it brown or white? ;}

Well someone had to didn't they ...:)))
I thought he was putting the jam in the coffee...

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Welcome from another Yorkshire exile.

Since you have been lurking I guess you know what you have let yourself in for:)

Jx

gazzasax

All this talk of jam makes me want jam.

And thanks again for all the greetings. Apparently it seems most people from east yorkshire have left. Anyonbe would think there was something wrong with the place =P

Taz

Busking Oracle
I have a balmy aunt who lives just around the corner from you in Bishop Burton. A lovely part of the world. My family were originally from that part of the world and my great grandfather founded Gough and Davy. He was the Gough side of it.
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Cafe!

gazzasax

I have a balmy aunt who lives just around the corner from you in Bishop Burton. A lovely part of the world. My family were originally from that part of the world and my great grandfather founded Gough and Davy. He was the Gough side of it.
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Cafe!
I know Gough and Davy well. Did my work experience there when I was at school. Still go in now and again. It's a great lineage to be part of man.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom