support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Heeeeellllllllppppp!Anyone in/near Bridport please?

jonf

Help needed. I think I'm losing my marbles, and need someone to help me out of a bit of a situation. I bought a sax on eBay, thinking it was for collection in London. Turns out it's in Bridport, and it's collection only. Is there anyone out there in the Bridport area who could collect the sax for me, then post it on by Parcelforce? I'd obviously cover all expenses and bit more as a thank you, and I'd be happy to arrange the ParcelForce collection as well. Anyone who can help? Would be much appreciated.

Jon

Last edited by a moderator:
Another option might be to explain to the seller and ask if he would mind packaging the sax and you will arrange for a courier to collect it from him to deliver to you.

I say this as I have seen collection only sales offer this service before and may be worth asking (if you haven't already).

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Heeeeellllllllppppp!

Another option might be to explain to the seller and ask if he would mind packaging the sax and you will arrange for a courier to collect it from him to deliver to you.

This is extremely easy via Interparcel.

However it may be the seller doesn't want the responsibility of doing the packaging. Or they really want you to see the item and approve it, perhaps they have been stiffed in the past by a buyer saying it was poorly packaged or not as described after being sent.

Re: Heeeeellllllllppppp!

In Australia the distance between Bridport and London would be a paltry jaunt in the family car to fetch some ice-cream! Okay, I exaggerate, but still it's not impossible... so I smell a roadtrip!

Although I've never been on one, a sax-roadtrip sounds just spiffy! :D

Shame I didn't know about this earlier. We were down at a party near Dorchester yesterday which is only about 12 or so miles from Bridport. Back to Surrey at 4pm for a big firework display that the family couldn't miss.

There was some good live music at the party as well - if only I had got a saxophone with me I could have really embarassed the children.

Sorry.

Rhys

Yeh, I have had bad experiences selling when people say they will arrange a courier. Someone has tried to arrange a courier, and get me to pay for it saying they would pay me back. Classic scamming, so when you do this or if you do, make sure you tell the seller that the seller has no obligation to pass any moneys to you or the courier company for this transaction

It's a John Packer, a Chinese made student sax. John Packer are a well established music shop with a good reputation, and these are their own brand saxes. Loosely modelled on Yanagisawa models. The price I paid was low, as it doesn't have a case or mouthpiece, both of which I have spares of.