All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Misc, Other Heaven & Hell

rhysonsax

Couldn't agree more. The Lawton must have got there in a time machine !

I've got the soundtrack CD to the film of Kansas City and also got the video of Jazz '34 but I would really like the DVD instead.

The tenor battle in this clip is a sort of homage to the legendary night that Coleman Hawkins jousted with Lester Young and other KC greats. I'd give a lot for a time machine to be able to see that occasion for real !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltmwT7AktnA

Rhys

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Me too, mind you there was a really interesting Sweden vs England link close to hell....

Saxlicker

Couldn't agree more. The Lawton must have got there in a time machine !

got the video of Jazz '34 but I would really like the DVD instead.

Rhys
Is it available on DVD then?
I could only find it on VHS and was going to burn it off.

I know you can get Kansas City on DVD

Me too, mind you there was a really interesting Sweden vs England link close to hell....
Now Now Kev.... steady on ol'bean!

But again...Heaven and Hell :shocked:

rhysonsax

Is it available on DVD then?
I could only find it on VHS and was going to burn it off.

I know you can get Kansas City on DVD
DVD has been proudced, but possibly only in the USA. I think that the London shop of sax.co.uk had a copy that they showed, but not for sale.

I haven't got the technology to transfer my VHS tape onto DVD but will keep my eyes open for the real thing.

Rhys

Clivey

I`ve got a feeling the " Boss" will be having a " Hell" of a time of it just about now at Fabric.:welldone

Young Col

Why would anyone go to hear that stuff - the hell stuff I mean. I wouldn't have gone there even when I was twenty.

ArtyLady

At the age of 20 I had a season ticket to concerts in the Philharmonic Hall with the RLPO, so I definitely wouldn't have been doing that at 20 ;}
At the age of 20 I was headbanging to Deep Purple, Thin Lizzy, Quo, Hawkwind et al :welldone>:) I've got over that now ;} but still preferable to the Hell stuff :shocked:

saxplorer

At the age of 20 I was headbanging to Deep Purple
Ah a little Deep Purple still stirs the blood I find .... off to search for "Made in Japan" on Spotify ....

few mins later ....

yep ..."waiting for the ricochet" still sends a chill down the spine

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom