SYOS

hearing shot?

After years of playing in bands rock,jazz etc, i have had that experience that all musso's fear.
a day or so after practising with one of the band i play with, in preparation for a gig this weekend i noticed a low whistling in my right ear, which after several days has not gone away( i know i should have got ear plugs but i have never found them comfortable or particularly efficient )
i guess i am going to have to visit my G.P and just pray its nothing serious.

Taz

Busking Oracle
I hope your GP finds nothing wrong with your hearing, it's one of my greatest fears! I would recommend using these ear plugs I find them very comfortable and easy to wear for the duration of a gig. We play very loudly so they must be quite good as I don't have any ringing or buzzing in my ears like I used to.
I am not connected to the above company in any way, I'm just happy to recommend something that I think is a good product!

AlanU

Go to your GP, possibly asking for a referral to ENT.

I have damaged hearing from playing for many years in loud bands.
Untreated this neccessitated an operation a few years ago, resulting in about 20% hearing in my left ear.
By the way, tinnitus is largely ignored by the brain once it gets used to it.

Go to your doctor.

stefank

It's a worry. I was diagnosed with "industrial hearing loss" over twenty years ago, and since then I have been more careful, but you can't always avoid the noise. Luckily although this hearing deficit is measurable it is not yet an impediment. I can do without the sixty years of tinnitus my father had (artillery in WW2).

OP
zootsaxenberger
thank you all, I will be investing in some ear plugs regardless of what my doctor finds, so the info you've given me will be invaluable
I really appreciate your support

Der Wikinger

You can still play, but probably have your ears checked. I have the same issue:Tinnitus, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus. I got mine from the U. S. Army -- Artillary fire too close in. I can still play, though, it seems I can hear through it because when I play the sound reverbarates through my mouth and skull. Hope this helps.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom