Healthy Breakfast; Overnight oats.

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Subscriber
As a great advocate of healthy eating here is our go to breakfast.

1 small cup of jumbo oats
1 1/2 cups of Hazelnut milk
tablespoon of milled flax seed (optional)
4 tablespoons of yoghurt (plain or flavoured or a bit of both)

Mix it in a bowl and leave in the fridge overnight.
Add a grated apple and whatever fruit is ripe and delicious. (raspberries and blueberries this morning)

Serves two and keeps a busy glassblower from eating bacon sandwiches mid morning.

Very good for feeding feed beneficial gut flora.

Last edited:

Andrew Sanders

Subscriber
With reference to the diet myth, it seems that the author is reading from the same hymnsheet as Giulia Enders in her book "Gut" a fascinating and entertaining read. Pulling together a lot of evidence from various sources some of which we have been listening to on The Food Programme for 4 years or so. I've started cultivating Sauerkraut and hope to do Kimchee soon.
A man needs a mission.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
With reference to the diet myth, it seems that the author is reading from the same hymnsheet as Giulia Enders in her book "Gut" a fascinating and entertaining read. Pulling together a lot of evidence from various sources some of which we have been listening to on The Food Programme for 4 years or so. I've started cultivating Sauerkraut and hope to do Kimchee soon.
A man needs a mission.
I've started drinking kefir :)

Love the idea of feeding my microbes, they like red wine too!

Jx

Andrew Sanders

Subscriber
Good excuse isn't it J? If you want to grow your own Water Kefir I can send you some pets (Scobies) and the instructions. (It is delicious not

like tramp sweat at all). We make a really nice one with ginger and lemon. One of my customers has a business making and selling fermented

foods and I only found out when they put a photo of one of our glasses on facebook with their Kombucha in it. Kit (daughter) saw it and said

this looks familiar. Apparently they come every year to top up their glass cabinet, I should see them quite soon. Small world but the gut is

massive!!!

Top Bottom