support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Heads up - please someone buy this before I'm tempted again!

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Believe me, you Need that Horn (if a 62 isn`t your bag that ought to be), One blow and the Grassi will be upside-down poking out of the bin in the back yard >:)

I`d not go mad on the SR but the RAW is a STEAL ........ BUY IT The Tenors are £2500 not £1800 !

From "a retailer" 3/10/13:

"Hi David,

Sorry for not getting back to you yesterday, busy day in the shop!

Okay, I checked with Trevor James, there are two different saxes I would
recommend to you at reasonable ish price from TJ. The SR as mentioned, but
also the Signature Custom. The Signature Custom is actually the one I was
thinking of as this is a great sax and the one that is available in RAW
finish. the prices of the various saxes available are below. I would
recommend the Signature Custom in raw brass finish. This is very well
thought of and a "players" sax.

Signature Custom tenor in raw brass finish £1833 (usual price £2279)"

;)

Believe me, you Need that Horn (if a 62 isn`t your bag that ought to be), One blow and the Grassi will be upside-down poking out of the bin in the back yard >:)

I must save my money for the Super 20; I must save my money for the Super 20

I must save my money for the Super 20!

Is this normal???. A DrUnKeNeD engraver?.....

Sigcus.JPG

Is this normal???. A DrUnKeNeD engraver?.....

View attachment 1745
Yes, it's from a pre-facelift model:
http://sax.co.uk/acatalog/Signature...Big-Bell-Tenor-Saxophone-753753987598948.html

The big question is what else was changed in the facelift? The model reviewed by Stephen Howard was from August 2011 and has the new stamp:
http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk/Reviews/Saxes/Tenor/tj_sc_raw_tenor.htm

From the review:
"The first model I saw impressed me very much, but I found a number of flaws." Is the one on eBay one of these early models? Maybe give Trevor James a call.

I'd walk away. If you've found one with the new logo stamp for £1833, I'd give that a play test against your current tenor.

Happy shopping :)

The seller is in Lincolnshire so this needs someone who is local to Binbrook to pop round and give it a try.... pronto!
I sense it'll be gone by tomorrow.

No, I'm still hanging on for the Super 20 Alto, that ones owner has been back in touch today!

Hi David,

I do hope you got his permission to post his phone number and medical condition on a public forum, I can see you're trying to get a good horn into the right hands, but if he's not given his consent I would think twice about posting his contact details.

all the best,

Chris
Yes, naturally I asked for permission. He knows of the Cafe, and was grateful for the suggestion to help him sell it.
Thanks for checking though.
:thumb:

I thought it was cheap, didn`t look at the pics closely but if its not a RAW then he shouldn`t be advertising it as such ..... I wondered when David said he could get a Tenor RAW for £1800, I`ve never seen them that cheap (Proper RAWs anyway) .. if that is as good as a real RAW then it`s a steal at £1200 let alone £1000

I thought it was cheap, didn`t look at the pics closely but if its not a RAW then he shouldn`t be advertising it as such ..... I wondered when David said he could get a Tenor RAW for £1800, I`ve never seen them that cheap (Proper RAWs anyway) .. if that is as good as a real RAW then it`s a steal at £1200 let alone £1000
I'm sure the retailer offering £1833 on the SC Raw tenor is talking about the new model and not the old SC in a raw finish as this one appears to be. I've emailed him to check out of curiosity. Let you know...

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom