All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Saxophones heads up on the Jericho j6 tenor sax please

teen37

Locality
Dudley, West Mids
I currently have an arbiter pro sound jazz tenor that's not too bad but was looking to change it. I know its a bit of a girly thing to say but I took a fancy to a silver sax, and so on my search for a reasonably priced one came across a Jericho from student music supplies. Obviously I am very sceptical because it just seems to cheap to be any good. So what do you think??? Is it any good??? I haven't got the budget to stretch to a Yamaha or the like so not an option really. Mostly play for my own pleasure so can't justify mega bucks! But would it be any better than what I already have? I currently use a Lawton 6* mouth piece. I'm going for the Stan gets sound by the way. Still working on it to be honest :(
Would appreciate any help.

teen37

Locality
Dudley, West Mids
Thanks so much for your link, I've checked it all out and it certainly sounds like a good buy, but could anyone tell if it would be any better than my arbiter pro sound jazz? That's really what I need to know. Hope someone can help.

teen37

Locality
Dudley, West Mids
Well I would like to but they are in Hampshire aren't they?? And that's a bit of a jaunt from dudley.

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Far!!!!! Just down the road!! I am near Windsor and it takes me an hour or so to get to Dudley! Make a day of it, go to G4M, then Dawkes in Maidenhead then get some clothes in Bicester...........then home!

teen37

Locality
Dudley, West Mids
Well I suppose that's a bit of a plan by the sounds of it Prof. Not sure whether hubby will agree to all that, especially the clothes bit, but my boys would more than enjoy the music stores. Will see what I can do.:headscratch:

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
Also Teenie I believe that you can buy the sax and then return it if you are not happy (?). I am sure other forum members will correct me if I am wrong.

DavidUK

Café Supporter
Locality
Near Lutterworth, Leics.
Also Teenie I believe that you can buy the sax and then return it if you are not happy (?). I am sure other forum members will correct me if I am wrong.
Yes, that's right. Plus, ask for your 10% cafe member's discount.

Fraser Jarvis

Cant see what the issue is here as they have a 45 day money back guarantee, in other words if you buy it and don't like it just send it back and get yer money back innit?

teen37

Locality
Dudley, West Mids
Well I guess your both absolutely right, what do I have to lose!!! Do we still get that discount seeing as that very nice gent Robbie past away? Really wish I had had the chance to deal with him as he sounded so nice, my condolences to the family.

Fraser Jarvis

Guess you'll get it for what it says on the site, personally I'd feel a bit awkward asking his wife if the discount was still available and certainly wouldn't ask her.
Think Timbo has one ask him what their like.

Targa

Among the pigeons
Café Supporter
Locality
KIC 8462852
Guess you'll get it for what it says on the site, personally I'd feel a bit awkward asking his wife if the discount was still available and certainly wouldn't ask her.
Think Timbo has one ask him what their like.

Discount is still offered to café members.

dolbob

Locality
salisbury wilts
Hi Teen 37
I bought a Jericho Tenor in August '13 to replace my Yamaha YTS 62, unfortunately a medical condition has stopped me blowing it for some weeks and now it has to go
It,s not as good as the Yamaha 62 but it's a quarter of the price, is it worth the risk having that amount of dosh
PM me for photos (I can ,t upload on this web site it )comes with a superb moulded case and is in absolutely mint condition
I am looking for £325 with 5% to the charity, P&P and insurance around £50 extra list price is now about £450 for the gold matte finish

tomsraider

Locality
east yorks
hello i bought a jericho j6 tenor 1st week in january it wont be going back , my advice is get a new 1 45 days to send back if your not happy and three years piece of mind

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
hello i bought a jericho j6 tenor 1st week in january it wont be going back , my advice is get a new 1 45 days to send back if your not happy and three years piece of mind

Sometimes a warranty can be transferred so might be worth checking, I know Trevor James were happy to do this.

Jx

Ads

Locality
North West UK
Check out Interparcel for courier, a lot less than £50 ..

TimboSax

Deputy junior apprentice 2nd class
Café Supporter
Locality
Cambridgeshire
Hi teen37. I bought one of these in gold last year, and for me it was a great buy. However, I've not played an arbiter so I can't say whether it's better, the same or worse than what you have at present.

If you want silver, go for silver, nothing girly about that. I like shiny, so went for gold. Their website at the moment only shows the Jericho tenor in nickel/gold, I take it that's the one you mean? I'd give it a go.

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
Locality
Peeblesshire
...I know its a bit of a girly thing to say but I took a fancy to a silver sax....
There's some silver appreciation across the gender chasm

I know DaveySaxBoy is currently blowing on a cheap piece of bare brass but he amongst others has has a serious thing for silver saxes

Members online

No members online now.

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom