• PLEASE ONLY LIST YOUR OWN AUCTION
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Heads up - C.B Gerald Albright Alto on Fleabay

I am not familiar with the market in the UK but that price seems quite high to me. In the states Gerald Albright Altos in good condition are selling on Ebay for between £772 and £1188. The price new over here is quite a bit less than £1800 ($3030).

They`re nearly £2700 new here (Saxdiva bought one last year and a marketing discussion came forth as did the price) and almost impossible to find used . The TJ RAW is closer to your price of the Albright (probably why the cannonball is rare here, the RAW is the UK's Taiwanese Hotrod contender Alto) , I can`t believe there`s nearly £1000 difference between the UK and USA price of the Albright ..

I`ll stick with my standard "sedan" Taiwanese alto (Sakkusu Elkhart Deluxe)

I can`t believe there`s nearly £1000 difference between the UK and USA price of the Albright

Really?

Cannonball have an opaque business model whereby you are unlikely to find prices on t'internet so they might find it easier than most to create big price differentials

They`re nearly £2700 new here (Saxdiva bought one last year and a marketing discussion came forth as did the price) and almost impossible to find used . The TJ RAW is closer to your price of the Albright (probably why the cannonball is rare here, the RAW is the UK's Taiwanese Hotrod contender Alto) , I can`t believe there`s nearly £1000 difference between the UK and USA price of the Albright ..

I`ll stick with my standard "sedan" Taiwanese alto (Sakkusu Elkhart Deluxe)
Ive played both and they are excellent horns,but for me the RAW beats the CB hands down,although not everyone will like the finish of the RAW(the standard unlacquered RAW finish that is).

They do the actual horn which is the RAW (the Sig Custom I guess) in a Laquered version - Stephen Howard reckons there`s no difference (beyond any difference which could exist between two samples of the RAW itself of course) .. of course the horn then hasn`t the RAW look and probably gets passed over because it probably looks like any other Taiwanese horn such as my Sak Deluxe, the Rev2 etc (I`ve not seen a "Laquered" RAW) . I don`t like the brassy smell on the hands after playing RAW horns either, or that they can look like Shyte (Green bits, patchy patina etc) ..

Really?

Cannonball have an opaque business model whereby you are unlikely to find prices on t'internet so they might find it easier than most to create big price differentials

No I couldn`t , they didn`t seem that kinda money grabbin' company which takes any advantage to stitch up the UK (and Australia too usually) . Japanese camera companies are notorious for giving stuff cheap to the Yanks (and more throw-ins too) and then ripping off the UK, Australia and parts of Europe (though things have levelled a bit in the past year or two) .

I`d not have expected that of Cannonball (if its true) . Anyone want to be a Viking Dealer ??????? :D

Not tried the Raw but the Albright sax was superb. Especially when you see Gerald Albright playing one live. I am still very confused about the Cannonball pricing/marketing model. That is a huge differential in pricing.

They do the actual horn which is the RAW (the Sig Custom I guess) in a Laquered version - Stephen Howard reckons there`s no difference (beyond any difference which could exist between two samples of the RAW itself of course) .. of course the horn then hasn`t the RAW look and probably gets passed over because it probably looks like any other Taiwanese horn such as my Sak Deluxe, the Rev2 etc (I`ve not seen a "Laquered" RAW) . I don`t like the brassy smell on the hands after playing RAW horns either, or that they can look like Shyte (Green bits, patchy patina etc) ..
Ive seen the different finishes on sax.co.uk's website,when i bought mine there was just the RAW brass finish,as luck as it i like the look but if you don't then there are the other finshes to pick from.
What did it for me was the fat core sound you get with the RAW and even after a couple of years or so of playing it still surprises me with how it sounds.
The CB GA was still a fine horn probably a more edgier and brighter sound but still good.

Not tried the Raw but the Albright sax was superb. Especially when you see Gerald Albright playing one live..

I've no doubt the GE is an excellent horn given how good the non-hot-rodded Taiwanese Altos are , it also offers something different with its overbright edgy sound (YAS21 on Steroids ?) .. as for GE himself, he`d make anything half passable sound like a million dollars, I`d love to see him playing a Steve-Howard setup Jericho for an extreme example of best bang for buck horn played at its best !! .

As for Edgy horns , the 21 Rat is good enough for my Alto playing, well at least until a 61 lands at a silly price .

No I couldn`t , they didn`t seem that kinda money grabbin' company...
I`d not have expected that of Cannonball (if its true) . Anyone want to be a Viking Dealer ??????? :D

I'm not sure there's a better way to measure avarice than counting the price differential

Perhaps maths isn't easy when wearing pinkish lenses

I am amazed at the price of a new one over there. In the U.S. they average around $2500. The price stated by Ads converted to dollars is $4541, over $2000 higher! I would guess that the greatest percentage of that difference is in dealer mark-up based on market conditions, but I am not that familiar with import fees and such. It still seems like too great a difference for two countries separated by a common language. ;)

I am amazed at the price of a new one over there. In the U.S. they average around $2500. The price stated by Ads converted to dollars is $4541, over $2000 higher! I would guess that the greatest percentage of that difference is in dealer mark-up based on market conditions, but I am not that familiar with import fees and such. It still seems like too great a difference for two countries separated by a common language. ;)
Grey areas within the Cannonball marketing. Could easily be holding back wider adoption of very good horns.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom