All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

HDmi setting

Tommy Ng

Hi

Everytime i switch on SKY and TV, i need to manually set the TV to HDmi. Is there a way to set HDmi as default?

:confused:

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Probably:rolleyes:

If it's just the TV and Sky box...

Your TV is the likeliest culprit. Impossible to advise specifically, but you'll need to go through its set-up menus. The remote should have a menu. On mine (Pioneer) there is a choice labelled 'option' and HDMI is set in there. (Might be worth cehcking if Sky box has SCART control set to 'off').

I would expect yours to be similar.

If you have an AV system with an AV amp controlling the digital signal switch, that might add another level of complication, but assume the TV first, then look for something similar on the AV amp set-up menu.

If all else fails, try web site of TV manufacturer and see if they have a FAQ section or help facility.:)))

Have fun!

JasonC

On my old TV I had to switch the TV on first, let it come on and then switch the other item on, this then sent a signal to the TV to automatically switch it to HDMI, all TVs and setups are different though!
My setup is a bit more complex now and I use a Logitech harmony remote to control all my AV stuff, all you have to do then is click one button called say "watch TV" and it switched everything on to how you need it.

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Eek - GAS attack! There are eight remote controls sat to my left.... TV, AV Amp, Blue Ray player, Sky, CD, main Hi-fi pre-amp... and I suspect a redundant couple....

Top Bottom