support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces have you seen this Ebay listing

there is a smooth jazz alto player called Warren Hill.

He is very popular and he uses exactly this type of mouthpiece. Blue jumbo java 45 .

so, obviously, fans want to sound like him, and having one of these will do that for your tone.. Hence these stupid prices . Ridiculous.

here he is
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXCrnBzniCA

I hope those hoping to sound like him dont forget the selmer Mk6, and red shirt with oversized colar.

Last edited by a moderator:
I 've had many blue java or jumbo javas through the years. They are somehow better than the current production line ones. I did an A/B test. But definately not worth these prices!!!! Just a 5% sound difference. And OK they are not manufactured any more... this always adds up to the price.

Now the market doesnt work this way. Something is worth what people are willing to pay ..........

Thats good for the few people left like me that think of value in terms of how a musical instrument feels, plays & sounds... I know we are a minority.... is that we dont feel we need to pay crazy prices to buy our sound ......

In case of a personal financial crisis .... i'd be perfectly happy with an yts-23 and a 5c ..... but that's me..... most people wouldnt touch those 'beginner' piece of gear ...... as if they're pro...... as in in sax pays your bills .... pfff.... b##%%%%t

For a millionth time..... you cant buy love & and you cant buy music skills .....

It needs patience and effort :) this way the journey's worth a million times more....

I think its only the blue Jumbo Java alto that fetches more,I've had couple over the years wish i had held onto them now,my last one fetched about £400 and was sold to South Korea,i was amazed at that price seeing that i started the listing at £30 thinking that it would go for about £50ish.
There is talk that the blue ones are better made but having owned blue and black ones i couldn't find any difference.
£2000+ is absolutely bonkers but if there are people that buy them they must have more money than sense.

There's another one on eBay UK. I saw it yesterday and put in a bid of £20 for a laugh, and to make it easy to follow. It's currently over £500, after just a couple of days of its listing.

I've got a blue PPT tenor i wonder if that will fetch £2000 in a couple of years,lol,ironically it a much better mpc than the Vandoren JJ's
Blue seems to be the in colour at the moment.

This is the rarest PPT, a resin compound with 24 carat gold powder. Who nows where it is now.

ppt-goldite.jpg

Back
Top Bottom