aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Café Supporter
Locality
London

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Has this guy been discussed aready?

He knows a lot. About almost everything. On the internet we can find a lot of answers to our questions, like tuning

And can anyone please fix the title for this thread? I wanted to write "already"

He knows a lot. About almost everything. On the internet we can find a lot of answers to our questions, like tuning

Wow!

Everything you need to know about tuning in a minute and a half. Astonishing.

I think you have to fix it yourself you have to go into edit post and then into advanced and the you can alter your heading but I have found that when you do that it alters your first heading but all the subsequent headings stay wrong (funny hey).how's that then advice from a pc idiot......john

I think you have to fix it yourself you have to go into edit post and then into advanced and the you can alter your heading but I have found that when you do that it alters your first heading but all the subsequent headings stay wrong (funny hey).how's that then advice from a pc idiot......john

I could change the title of my post, but not the general thread.
Maybe I should ask the guy in the video...

Wow!

Everything you need to know about tuning in a minute and a half. Astonishing.
Yes, indeed. The tip about always wearing a neckstrap when tuning your instrument (so you don't drop it) was a revelation to me. No more bent saxophones and broken toes for me!

Yes, indeed. The tip about always wearing a neckstrap when tuning your instrument (so you don't drop it) was a revelation to me. No more bent saxophones and broken toes for me!

No need to use a neckstrap to play or to show the best saxophone (video 1).
But I do not understand how does he know if he is sharp or flat.
Is it necessary to tune your saxophone also when you are not in a live setting and you play with a bunch of other people?

I could change the title of my post, but not the general thread.
Maybe I should ask the guy in the video...

Yep, he'll know for sure.

But just in case, I did it already. But I need to edit every post to fix the post titles, takes too long...

I bet if Nick had a haircut there would be more than just a passing remblance to the guy in question......... I have this image of the first in Nick's new video series being: "Effective Ligature Alternatives".

I bet if Nick had a haircut there would be more than just a passing remblance to the guy in question.........

He's about half my age.

I have this image of the first in Nick's new video series being: "Effective Ligature Alternatives".

Not a bad idea, but it would probably be: "How to play a 12 bar solo in concert E when you can barely stand."

He's about half my age.

So you mean actual physical age....! What has resemblance got to do with identical age? For all we know he could be your son...

So you mean actual physical age....! What has resemblance got to do with identical age? For all we know he could be your son...

Nick Wyver's love son posts videos on youtube about tuning?
He should see his video ""how to DJ" then, and go back in time for a vasectomy.

I think you are all very cruel making fun of somebody not as clever as yourselves ! BUT IT IS A LAUGH ISN'T IT

I think you are all very cruel making fun of somebody not as clever as yourselves ! BUT IT IS A LAUGH ISN'T IT

No, it's really sad, cos he's posing as a teacher and doesn't know what he's talking about. There are even people thanking him for his advice. Which is the wrong side of worthless.

And can anyone please fix the title for this thread? I wanted to write "already"

As kev said, he's fixed the first one, but each post has to be done individually. You can fix all of your own posts, use the edit button, then "go advanced", as I have done with this reply.

As kev said, he's fixed the first one, but each post has to be done individually. You can fix all of your own posts, use the edit button, then "go advanced", as I have done with this reply.
He's right, it works!

No, it's really sad, cos he's posing as a teacher and doesn't know what he's talking about. There are even people thanking him for his advice. Which is the wrong side of worthless.

I do not feel cruel at all: this man has enough views (including mines) to have sponsors. I find these video offensive towards all the honest teachers around and towards people like us, that waste our time discussing tuning issues, for the sake of music.

If you have a question nowadays, you look for the answer online, and this is what you get. Among the comments there was a guy with an alto saying that his saxophone was 1 1/2 tones sharp (his C was an Eb on the piano) and asking how to fix it.

Music is fun, but it still deserves some respect.

Re: Has this guy been discussed Already Already

I do not feel cruel at all: this man has enough views (including mines) to have sponsors. I find these video offensive towards all the honest teachers around and towards people like us, that waste our time discussing tuning issues, for the sake of music.

If you have a question nowadays, you look for the answer online, and this is what you get. Among the comments there was a guy with an alto saying that his saxophone was 1 1/2 tones sharp (his C was an Eb on the piano) and asking how to fix it.

Music is fun, but it still deserves some respect.

Sorry I'll try to respect it more in future:))):)))

Re: Has this guy been discussed Already Already

Well he got his 3 minutes of infamy.

I am still bemused by the plethora of "unboxing" videos on you tube. Why would I want to watch someone giving his (it mostly seems to be men) own running commentary on unboxing his latest internet purchase. I'd rather jab red hot needles in my eyeballs.

Back
Top Bottom