Tutorials

Harlem Nocturne..

Chris98

Great, I seem to be collecting versions of this tune!

Pete, what is an ALAC? or for that matter a FLAC?

In Blues #9 Take 1 is there a telephone ring at 02:29?

And does anyone know where I can find the sheet music and a great backing track for Harlem Nocturne? I've got the 'Guest spot' version but was wondering if there is a better version + backing track out there?

Best wishes,

Chris

Chris98

And does anyone know where I can find the sheet music and a great backing track for Harlem Nocturne? I've got the 'Guest spot' version but was wondering if there is a better version + backing track out there?
I drew a blank with Aebersold, but did find a HL book: Soulful Jazz

It's part of their "Jazz Play-Along" series.Anyone know of any others?

All the best,

Chris

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Chris, I have 2 lots of sheet music here.

Hal Leonard - Smooth Jazz. Tenor Sax. isbn 978-0-634-02771-0. Has an example and backing track, but it's been (according to my wife) simplified into 12/8 time instead of the proper swing/shuffle 4/4 rhythm. KEy is C, with a few accidentals.

Wise Publications - Blues for Saxophone.isbn 0-7119-7179-X This has the advantage of chords as well as the sax notes - but.... There's only one set of notes for both alto and tenor, with different chord symbols for each. It's also pitched quite a bit lower, the first version goes up to top F, this only as far as D. Key is G, also with a few accidentals.

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Top Bottom