All profit supporting   special needs music

Harlem Nocturne

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
Backing track from Midnight in the Naked City

This is the backing track from Harlem Nocturne version on Midnight in the Naked City

Attachments

• harlem-nocturne-bt.mp3
    10.3 MB · Views: 133
Last edited:

Chris98

Great, Thanks for making is available to us Pete... okay now I just need to learn to growl!

Best wishes,

Chris

MartinL

Locality
Bilston, United Kingdom.
Hi Pete, I wonder if there is any chance of a backing track for "Night Train"

Thanks

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
Hi Pete, I wonder if there is any chance of a backing track for "Night Train"

Sorry, that won't be possible as there is no backing track - just the CD full version. It was recorded years ago and the multitrack has disappeared.

Last edited:

Vandomel

Café Supporter
Locality
FRANCE
Thanks Peter for this wonderful backing track; I will try to work your solo with it ; special mention to your play with Adderley trill !!
By the way, it seems to me that after the theme the solo is 24 bars and after you play the theme pretty modified but not complete ; Where can I find the grid of the whole ?
Thank you again for this Cafe saxophone which is a great resource !

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
Thanks Peter for this wonderful backing track; I will try to work your solo with it ; special mention to your play with Adderley trill !!
By the way, it seems to me that after the theme the solo is 24 bars and after you play the theme pretty modified but not complete ; Where can I find the grid of the whole ?
Thank you again for this Cafe saxophone which is a great resource !
I'll check it out and report back.

rhysonsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Surrey, UK
Curtis Swift of saxsolos.com has transcribed Pete's solo on Harlem Nocturne and sells it for $3.00 here. His transcriptions are very good.

Rhys

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
Curtis Swift of saxsolos.com has transcribed Pete's solo on Harlem Nocturne and sells it for $3.00 here. His transcriptions are very good.

Rhys
Blimey, what a hero.

$3.00! - cheap at half the price.

Vandomel

Café Supporter
Locality
FRANCE

Rhys
Thanks to you for the link . I have bought the pdf . Good transcription which demonstrate that mine was far from the original !

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
Glad you got it from transcription, but just to confirm the form is

AABBA then two 12 bar solos then the final A section

Vandomel

Café Supporter
Locality
FRANCE
Thank you for your confirmation; I have seen that you have done the solo using the B twice ; very interesting , enabling to use F and Bb blue scales for the player I am.

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
I have seen that you have done the solo using the B twice
Well, not really. the soo is the same key and triplet feel, but is 12 bar not 8 bar. But yes, the solo is a reasonably basic blues. I'm not sure about a B♭ blues scale though, I would just think of F blues scale as a starting point.