Hard to Handle/ Otis Redding

fireatdesire

Has anyone transcribed a tenor sax (Bb) version of the original score?
I've figured out some parts just by listening to the original but I'm not sure about all the parts. My wedding is just around the corner and I was thinking this might be a fun song to join the rest of the band. Thanks for all your help.

dooce

I've been playing it for years - well more towards the Black Crowes version I guess, but I've done it purely by ear I'm afraid. It's a great number, but the sax only plays a backing role. How about doing the Stones' Brown Sugar where there's a good soloing opportunity?

OP
F

fireatdesire

I've been playing it for years - well more towards the Black Crowes version I guess, but I've done it purely by ear I'm afraid. It's a great number, but the sax only plays a backing role. How about doing the Stones' Brown Sugar where there's a good soloing opportunity?
Thanks for your advice. I do like the Brown Sugar and it would be fun to do the solo on that one. We'll see what happens.

rhysonsax

I do both of those with a covers band and have got them written out in Sibelius. Drop me a PM with your email address and I'll whizz them over as pdf files.

Rhys

Nikl

Hey I'm in the same situation as -fireatdesire.
We have to play the song in class tommorow, and my "ear-listning" isen't that good. So I was woundering if any got the notes for "hard to Handle" :)
Pleas help!

Paul F

I do both of those with a covers band and have got them written out in Sibelius. Drop me a PM with your email address and I'll whizz them over as pdf files.

Rhys
Hi Rhys just joined a dads band for our local school and I'm trying to catch up. One saxophone amongst many guitars as usual but we are playing "hard to handle" and I'm struggling to find the right tenor sax notes. also doing long train running which has some really interesting sax bits too but again I am struggling to transpose an interesting saxophone line from the guitar tabs. I don't suppose you have got a tab for them as well? Many thanks Paul

rhysonsax

Hi Rhys just joined a dads band for our local school and I'm trying to catch up. One saxophone amongst many guitars as usual but we are playing "hard to handle" and I'm struggling to find the right tenor sax notes. also doing long train running which has some really interesting sax bits too but again I am struggling to transpose an interesting saxophone line from the guitar tabs. I don't suppose you have got a tab for them as well? Many thanks Paul
Hi Paul,

Send me a PM with your email address and I can send you some stuff for both tunes.

Rhys

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
hi, sorry for having been rude...i will take time to fill my profile a bit more when i'am not at work :)

tahnks a lot for your interest
Not rude at all but you tend to get more responses when we feel we know you a little.

The forum has some great members all willing to help.:)

Jx

Jeff Dean

Hi Rhys, I'm new to this site. Isn't it fantastic! Just wondering if you could help me with Hard to Handle too.

Robertsax

Rhys
Email removed, PC started

Last edited by a moderator:

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
Hey I'm in the same situation as -fireatdesire.
We have to play the song in class tommorow, and my "ear-listning" isen't that good. So I was woundering if any got the notes for "hard to Handle" :)
Pleas help!
Leaving your homework to the last minute again?

Top Bottom