• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hard Rubber Tenor Saxophone Mouthpieces For Sale

arya44

Hi there,

I tried several tenor saxophone hard rubber mouthpieces in course of last 2 to 3 years and found out I don't end up playing them much since the metal mouthpiece beak is more comfortable for me. So I decided to sell these.
Prices include shipping from Calgary, Canada
5% of the proceeds goes to Cafe Saxophone.

1- Morgan 8E
Comes with non original ligature and metal cap.
This is equivalent to Otto Link 7. It is a well balanced piece, both by means of having a nice core, enough fatness, a hint of brightness that if you push it can project nicely. Very easy to control and has one of the best sounds I heard in a hard rubber. The hard rubber material that was used in these are very good quality and since Morgan passed away, these are rare to find. Plays great top to bottom.
$125 SOLD

2- Rico Reloplex 6M (serial number 5776)
This is a vintage piece comes with original ligature and a plastic cap.
Apparently they are same as Gregory Los Angeles, based on Theo Wanne's website:
http://theowanne.com/knowledge/mouth...museum/gregory
This is the excerpt:
"Gregory Los Angeles:
These are a very different mouthpiece than the Model A or Master. They have flat inner side walls (like a Brilhart Ebolin or Tonalin) and maintain a nice baffle. These have a very nice sound and often have a bit of roll over to the baffle at the tip, giving just a little more growl to the sound. All of these mouthpieces had serial numbers. Interestingly they are made from a fiber filled resin instead of hard rubber like all the other Gregory mouthpieces.
There was one model made by Gregory called the Mickey Gillette that is very similar to this mouthpiece. Both have flat side walls and mildly increased brightness. This mouthpiece was also made out of resin.
Rico distributed these mouthpieces and so their name was usually on most variations of the Los Angeles model. A plastic mouthpiece with the same interior design called the Rico Reloplex was also made."

This mouthpiece is in excellent shape (other than logo the rest looks pretty much like new!)
The tip, rails, table, and baffle are perfect.
It has a metal ring on the shank.
I don't know exactly what 6M is equivalent to but it feels like a 5* or may be a 6 with a short curve. It plays effortlessly top to bottom and the beak is narrow so it feels comfortable but I have to let it go.
$125

3- Jody Jazz HR 6*
Comes with non-original ligature, cap, and original pouch.
I really liked the well rounded sound of this for straight ahead jazz. Has a nice edge to the sound. The piece is very user friendly by means of playing top to bottom. It is a great value for the quality. This is an older one and has discolouration on the beak area.
$70 SOLD

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I meant to update the info for the Rico Reloplex 6M. It is more like 6 / 6* rather than 5* / 6. I recently play tested it again. It does sound very nice. Very versatile. Great job on the rails and tip. It can sound edgy or smooth and allows fast transition from one to the other.

From which one particularly? Well, I guess I could take a couple of shots from each and then if someone is interested of a particular one, I take more shots. I will do that tonight and post it tomorrow.

I'm uploading the photos right now. I cleaned up the Jody Jazz. Some of the stuff that I thought is discolouration was actually thin layer of sediments and it looks quite good right now. I think it just needed a bit of clean-up.

Sorry my inbox was full. I just cleaned up the older messages. Should be fine now if you like to PM me.
Thanks.

Rico Reloplex 6M is still for sale. Before the Christmas I was talking to Brian Powell about increasing the tip size from 6 to 7 or 7* and he was in favour of this mouthpiece and thought it will be a good move to do so. Now I'm torn about selling the mouthpiece. Although I have a 7+ hard rubber tenor mouthpiece that I love the sound. It is called 42 by James Bunty. Great mouthpiece. It is hand finished by him and he is a very accomplished saxophone player. So I'm thinking will I need to spend another 100 dollars plus shipping etc again to get another good mouthpiece or I can sell it, save the refacing cost, and spend the money somewhere else.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom