Tutorials

Happy Easter

Can i take this opportunity to wish you all a happy easter, and if like me, you are gigging at various times over the holiday i wish you safe journeys,great audiences and fantastic gigs
regards Zoot.

Saxade

Just the Best gig in the world ,,,, at the moment...
Gigging with my Family ... all the best to you for Easter..

Adrian

Rikki

Happy Easter Zoot et al

Here in Oz we have a nice long weekend as easter combines with Anzac day to make it a 5 day weekend, so I am spending the holiday in marvelous Melbourne catching up on some Ausie rules football and the fabulouschoice of restaurants. Missing playing in the band and getting even more aquainted with my PPT8 mouthpiece

play on guys, regards Rikki

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
I've got my parents over at the moment. They're having to put up with sax practice and the kids. Weissbier seems to be helping my father cope... And escaping to Wasserburg on Saturday, followed by an afternoon eating icecream helped even more. But they're having a good time, I think. Weather couldn't be better, one more day off work, what more could I want?

Happy Easter to all!

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Enjoy your time off - here in Scotland, the kids went back to school from their Spring Break before Easter w/end and are in school today, Easter Monday!

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Forgot, spent Friday in the Biergarten.

School - Easter Monday - that would have been really hard for me as a kid... I bet the teachers aren't overjoyed, either.

jonf

Weissbier seems to be helping my father cope...

Mmmmm, Weissbier, lovely. I was introduced to it by a bunch of crazy Turks in Hamburg in 1985. That was a somewhat, how can I put it, character building time. Staying in a cheap hotel next to a brothel (or was it staying in a cheap brothel next to a hotel, I was never too sure?), accidently fetched up in a rather strange bar called 'The Lonely Boy' and somehow got caught up in the middle of a gunfight. Quite a visit, I ran away to the comparative safety of Berlin, where more fun ensued.......

Young Col

Greetings reciprocated to all. Thought we'd have our first barbecue of the year on Saturday as it was so nice. Guess what? Local thunderstorm started at 6pm for an hour! So we played it stoically British and decided to sit it out under the sun awning, which we did until the wind got up and we started to get really wet. Oh well....

How do the schools go back today in Scotland when it's a public hol throughout the UK?
YC

Pyrografix

Senile Member
How do the schools go back today in Scotland when it's a public hol throughout the UK?

We have slightly different hols up here - New Year is 1st and 2nd Jan (or equivalent if they fall on a w/end) to allow extra time to sober up- or drink more! So Easter Monday is sacrificed to balance the books. After the 2 week school spring break starting early April (which missed Easter altogether), due to UK hols (Easter, Royal Wedding and May Day), 3 4-day weeks follow on the trot. Nightmare for working parents!

Please you enjoyed your BBQ!

jonf

Young Col;45489 Guess what? Local thunderstorm started at 6pm for an hour! YC[/QUOTE said:
It was very local - I heard the thunder, but here, maybe 18 miles to the South we didn't get any rain at all. Bad luck!

Young Col

Actualy it was so warm the rain just evaporated from the ground. We always get that kind of weather being on top of the North Downs. A friend in Redhill said they had nothing either. Still, not as bad as Chelsea - looked like a wash out.

Time was, Pyro, when we down here did not even have 1 Jan as a public hol! Yes, two four day weeks sandwiching a three day one are hell for small businesses as well!
YC

Top Bottom