support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

Hanson SA5 alto & Vandoren Optimum AL4 mouthpiece

Steve John B

Locality
Harrogate
Selling due to upgrade:

Hanson SA5 alto, bought 2nd-hand (was virtually unused) a few months back.

Had it serviced in January through Music House in Harrogate, octave mech and a few non-airtight pads/keys sorted out. Has also had the strap ring moved and resoldered by Stuart at The Woodwind Exchange in Bradford (to his 'textbook' spec, not tailored to my requirements). Supplied with non-original case (does the job perfectly well), basic mouthpiece and Rico ligature. £200 plus postage.

Also got an Optimum AL4 mpc, has only been used for a few months. Using a Yamaha for the time being so surplus to requirements. £55 plus postage.

I bought these together but figure there's a fair chance someone would want one but not the other. With the cost of repairs I'm breaking even here (apart from the £15 I was charged for p&p and the 5% charity donation (don't mind that one though!))

Will try and get some photos sorted over the weekend and post a link to them. Any questions please ask.

No photos yet Steve?

Got some of the sax up: Hanson SA5

You can see some minor damage to the lacquer where the strap ring was moved - pretty minimal:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80285736@N00/5589262973/in/set-72157626428740018

If you're interested I could bring it over - I work in Bradford so can easily travel via Ilkley.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm driving down to Hampshire and North London over the next few days if anyone from darn sarf is interested in the sax.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom