SOLD Hanson SA5 Alto Saxophone

Il Padrino

Locality
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Price of Item
£395
Cafe Fundraising
5%
Hello one and all....... This isn't my sax, but I'm helping to sell on the behalf of a good friend.

The sax background - bought around 2008, played a handful of times each year by my friend's father who had the urge to want to learn. However, he never got into it and never really started. The last couple of years it has been kept in its case. As the photos will show, it is as new. It plays great and no work is needed. Whilst I haven't played it myself, my friend has (he plays a little himself) and he reassures me that no work is needed. The reason for sale is that his father has gotten into photography, and rather than leaving a good sax sat there doing nothing....... He'd rather invest that money into more photographic equipment.

The sax can be tested in person in Hollingworth via Hyde - postal code/area SK14. I think he would prefer a buyer in person but understands that postage/courier is likely to attract more potential buyers.

He contacted Hanson themselves to see if they did a buyback, but they don't. They did, however, recommend a sale price of around £400 due to the excellent condition.

Any questions, please fire away. If I can't answer them myself from the info provided to me, I'll put you in touch directly with the owner himself.

Attachments

• Photo01.jpg
    Photo01.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 125
  • Photo03.jpg
    Photo03.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 158

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
Liverpool ( Pool of Life )
A good horn i had this same model before upgrading to the SA8

Il Padrino

Locality
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Thanks Trimmy, I believe so - but haven't played one myself so cannot comment in that regard.

Just noticed that the above info should say shipping 'included', my mistake initially.

Il Padrino

Locality
Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Hi there Gabriel, would you consider buying without trying first? Understandably, many people would rather not. However, there instances where people have bought without trying the actual instrument first. I can attest to that myself. If you are interested, drop me a message.

Kind regards, Rico.

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
I have hardly ever played a second hand sax that I have purchased. The Yard Sale is a safe place to buy. You can swap phone numbers via a "conversation" (personal message). Worth investigating as Hanson make some very nice horns......

trimmy

One day i will...
Locality
Liverpool ( Pool of Life )
i would be very interested on it but i live all the way in London
No pressure but this is a great horn to start on and it will do you good for many years, i had one and only sold it after i got a bargain Hanson SA8 (see post 5)

Top Bottom