All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Hackensack..Lady Be Good

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Well as said lip nearly healed so knocked off a quick 2nd take of the TOTM on SOTW.Had plans of some prep on this as i speeded up the track but i'm happy with the bluesy swinging honking take here.Enjoy :))):shocked:

Last edited by a moderator:

Clivey

Locality
Edinburgh/Hot Rock off African Coast
Well as said lip nearly healed so knocked off a quick 2nd take of the TOTM on SOTW.Had plans of some prep on this as i speeded up the track but i'm happy with the bluesy swinging honking take here.Enjoy :))):shocked:

It`s all good Davey and is bang on for tempo. I have been a great fan of the Getz/Trane version of this for ages now and it just goes to show theres always room to do things a bit different.

Last edited by a moderator:

daveysaxboy

It`s all good Davey and is bang on for tempo. I have been a great fan of the Getz/Trane version of this for ages now and it just goes to show theres always room to do things a bit different.

Yea like i keep saying if i do a Bop or Swing or jazz tune in 100% bop or swing way then whats the point.It would not sound like me and i strive to sound like me.Took me a long old time to kind of being happy and comfy with my sound,playing style.Some like it some may not but thats my style and i kind of like it.To tell the truth i was not that fussed on the tune when it was picked but today when i played with it i loved it.Thanks for checking it.

daveysaxboy

Now that really does sound good, has someone been practicing their altisimo by any chance??

Nice one - really enjoyed that! :thumb:

Fraser i wish.Been out of action with a huge infected bottom lip.Yesterday and today i've managed a few hours.Taking it easy.I was a lost cause with no horn to blow i tell you.

Artlady,nice to hear you enjoyed it.I was not stuck on the tune but enjoyed my tooting on it this morning.

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom