PPT mouthpieces

Gutted - how long does it take to fix dent in bell?

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Café Supporter
is how I am feeling right now, not sure how I've managed to do it but putting my sax away after orchestra I dropped the stand on it and have put a ding/dent in the lower part of the bell :(

I assume a good tech will be able to get it out but how long will it take does anyone know?

Thank you

Jx

If it doesn't affect the playability, I'd wait untill you have several more and get them done as a job lot. Lord alone knows what might happen in transit.

I'm not posting it, it will have to be a trip out. If it can be done in a day or two that will be fine.

I'm not planning on any more, mind you I am that clumsy who knows. Only just got the scrapes sorted on the MX :)

Jx

If you`d seen some of the dents in my 14M , you`d not worry , one of them looked like it was struck downwards on a sharp piece of metal as it was a combination of deep gouge in the brass and the hard edged trough-like dent it made, I didn`t think anyone could do anything with that but after Charlie Connolly had seen to it, it now just looks like a deep scratch . I was amazed ... the lovely thing about sops is that they`re just brass cones, no bow to get in the way making the job harder .

If you tell them how precious the thing is and that you`re a mod on CafeSax and have been recommended for their top notch dent pulling , I`m sure they`ll turn it around in no time for a minimal fee :D .. Whatever, it`ll be a doddle compared to my 14M and even more so some of the brass band instruments they`ve had to kick back into shape over the decades.

It is just a dent on the bell, don't worry.
Do all notes play correctly?
If OG buys your lunch in Croydon (that usually includes a pint) I'll buy him a featured ale.

I know that Dawkes removed a dent while I waited - shop wasn't busy - and charged me £15. It was deep and was on my Cannonball Excalibur, black nickel. Did a great job. I know it is quite a distance but it could well be that any good techie will remove while you wait.

I know that Dawkes removed a dent while I waited - shop wasn't busy - and charged me £15. It was deep and was on my Cannonball Excalibur, black nickel. Did a great job. I know it is quite a distance but it could well be that any good techie will remove while you wait.
And nicker is usually more delicate to pull out than lacquered brass. Jeanette, it will be fine and easy.

Back
Top Bottom