All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Gutted

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
is how I am feeling right now, not sure how I've managed to do it but putting my sax away after orchestra I dropped the stand on it and have put a ding/dent in the lower part of the bell :(

I assume a good tech will be able to get it out but how long will it take does anyone know?

Thank you

Jx

Greg Strange

Locality
Hamilton, Waikato, North Island, New Zealand
I suppose it depends how severe the dent is...Griff or our mate from Utah (not Old Git) should be able to estimate the time taken...don't take to the local paint and panel shop...

I hope it gets sorted soon...:thumb:

Greg S,

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Thanks Greg, no it will only go somewhere reputable, just not got anyone very close by.

Jx

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Locality
Ilkley West Yorkshire
It's so easily done Jeanette. I hope it's not too badly damaged.

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
If it doesn't affect the playability, I'd wait untill you have several more and get them done as a job lot. Lord alone knows what might happen in transit.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
If it doesn't affect the playability, I'd wait untill you have several more and get them done as a job lot. Lord alone knows what might happen in transit.

I'm not posting it, it will have to be a trip out. If it can be done in a day or two that will be fine.

I'm not planning on any more, mind you I am that clumsy who knows. Only just got the scrapes sorted on the MX :)

Jx

old git

Tremendous Bore
Locality
The Palm Tree strewn Wandle Surf Beach under the o
If you come to Croydon to see Griff, lunch is on me at the local Witherspoons, which is aptly named.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
If you come to Croydon to see Griff, lunch is on me at the local Witherspoons, which is aptly named.

I think I will be seeing @griff136 just need to decide whether to go to Croyden or have a weeks holiday in Devon.

If Croyden I'll take you up on that offer thank you :)

Jx

Ads

Locality
North West UK
by far the best dent pullers I know of are the Connolly brothers .. Connolly MIR, it`s what they do better than anything else IMO and they don`t charge an arm and a leg ..

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
by far the best dent pullers I know of are the Connolly brothers .. Connolly MIR, it`s what they do better than anything else IMO and they don`t charge an arm and a leg ..

Thanks Ads

Closer too, will have a think :)

Jx

Reactions: Ads

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Café Supporter
Locality
The Millenium Falcon
I feel your pain Jeanette. Hope you feel not so gutted soon x

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
I feel your pain Jeanette. Hope you feel not so gutted soon x

Thanks Sue, feeling a touch better this morning, just makes you feel sick for being so stupid, but hopefully it can be fixed. :)

Jx

Ads

Locality
North West UK
If you`d seen some of the dents in my 14M , you`d not worry , one of them looked like it was struck downwards on a sharp piece of metal as it was a combination of deep gouge in the brass and the hard edged trough-like dent it made, I didn`t think anyone could do anything with that but after Charlie Connolly had seen to it, it now just looks like a deep scratch . I was amazed ... the lovely thing about sops is that they`re just brass cones, no bow to get in the way making the job harder .

If you tell them how precious the thing is and that you`re a mod on CafeSax and have been recommended for their top notch dent pulling , I`m sure they`ll turn it around in no time for a minimal fee :D .. Whatever, it`ll be a doddle compared to my 14M and even more so some of the brass band instruments they`ve had to kick back into shape over the decades.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
It is just a dent on the bell, don't worry.
Do all notes play correctly?
If OG buys your lunch in Croydon (that usually includes a pint) I'll buy him a featured ale.

ProfJames

Elementary member
Locality
Berkshire, UK
I know that Dawkes removed a dent while I waited - shop wasn't busy - and charged me £15. It was deep and was on my Cannonball Excalibur, black nickel. Did a great job. I know it is quite a distance but it could well be that any good techie will remove while you wait.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
I know that Dawkes removed a dent while I waited - shop wasn't busy - and charged me £15. It was deep and was on my Cannonball Excalibur, black nickel. Did a great job. I know it is quite a distance but it could well be that any good techie will remove while you wait.
And nicker is usually more delicate to pull out than lacquered brass. Jeanette, it will be fine and easy.

jazzdoh

Locality
West Midlands
Sorry about your sax.
How big is the ding/dent?
Connollys are good and they are not far off the junction 1 of the M5.

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom