All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Griff going part time on repairs and retiring from john myalls in croydon :(

griff136

Hi everyone,

It is with sadness that I have to inform you that from the first week of August I will be leaving Jonathan Myall Music in Croydon. I have been offered a non - musical type job that pays very handsomely indeed and will take me away from the UK for six weeks plus at a time. It would not be fair on my customers or the music shop if I was to have an ad hoc service where customers may have to wait for protracted periods.

I have enjoyed working at Johns in Croydon for the last 6 years and it's a wrench to let go,I've met so many good people and customers and a good few from here, but having the opportunity to earn huge amount of money and help me on my way to running my own shop in Exeter(my ultimate goal) is an offer I cannot refuse.

I have arranged for a good repairer to take over from me- we were at college together.

I will still be repairing from home on my "off time" and will still be taking in work by post. I intend to use the forum as regularly as I can, and I will from time to time be visiting Croydon so I hope my CASLM status will remain unchanged.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my customers who I've met at Jons and through this Forum and mention I'm still available for a tweak until the first week of August!

Last edited by a moderator:

Saxlicker

Congratulations and good Luck with the new venture Griff!
:welldone

But of course sad loss for your customers.

Young Col

Oh no. What will we do? Have to make regular trips to the west country!
Very best of luck Griff!
Col

Sunray

Bugger ...

I was looking forward to you doing my new side key replacement to my T9932J, which is waiting for parts to arrive from Wally ... :(

All the best though Griff ...

Keep you head down mate ... View attachment 910 And don't forget the sun tan cream ... ;}

TomMapfumo

I'm sad and I've not even met you...................:crying::crying::crying:

Good luck with the drug smuggling.......;}

griff136

good luck Griff - what's you doing, my guess is Club 18-30 rep??

is that the club for those folk who are so old theyre in bed by 1830 hrs!

I am off doing armed maritime security - fending off naughty pirates from cruise ships and oil tankers anywhere from Sri Lanka to Capetown.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
is that the club for those folk who are so old theyre in bed by 1830 hrs!

I am off doing armed maritime security - fending off naughty pirates from cruise ships and oil tankers anywhere from Sri Lanka to Capetown.

Take care Griff. Things are getting quite hot there, but I'm sure you know what you're doing. We'll be thinking of you.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Will you let us buy you lunch on your last Thursday. Will miss you but know you know how to take care of yourself.

Although any recommendation of yours will be used, will miss you, you old sod.

With Stephen busy and you missing for periods, your replacement has a lot to live up to on this forum.

Good luck and take care. The CaSLM, the members, the missus and the kids need you.

Tadpole

Griff
Don't know you but guessing your an ex Bootneck? I am currently looking into doing the very same thing, you never know we may bump into each other!!!!!!

jonf

Armed maritime security! Gulp!

Hey, Griff, are you doing any more sessions at sax.co.uk in London before you go off to shoot the bad guys? Alternatively, when will you be at JMs over the next couple of weeks? I've got a sax I'd like your opinion on whether I mend it or flog it.

Cheers

Jon

Taz

Busking Oracle
Don't forget your vest (the kevlar one) I wish you bon voyage, stay safe and if you do get into trouble, clout 'em with a bari!

Fraser Jarvis

You know, when i first read your original post the soldier of fortune thing was the first thing that hit me, ex Royal Marine, highly paid, oversees for six weeks at a time.....

Good look and take care....

Top Bottom