All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Greetings

Westcoaster

Westcoaster
Happy New Year to you all. I'm new to the forum and my resolution is to practice,practice,practice! Hope to hear from you in due course. Cheers,Nick

TomMapfumo

Hi Nick!

A Big Welcome to the Cafe from the Skabertawe Lites, over by yer in Wales, mind! So what is it you are actually practising, then? I assume you play some sort of Saxophone, but it is not obvious from your post. It would be great to hear a bit more more about you - aims, objectives, musical and playing interests and influences and so on.

Kind regards
Tom

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Welcome Nick,

As Tom says, we need to know more - cos we're nosey!

Look forward to hearing about you/your sax(es?)/music tastes etc, etc......

Cheers,

Amanda

trimmy

One day i will...
A big welcome from me :thumb:

Like the others have said 'we need more info' please

Enjoy your journey :)

TomMapfumo

Apparently his name is Nick and he practices something.....................................................;}

Sunray

Hey Hey Nick ...

Welcome to the Cafe mate ...

I usually break all my New Year Resolutions [If I bother to make any] within hours of the year change ...

Hope you do better than me ... ;}

Oh! Its your turn to pour the Coffee ... :thumb:

Westcoaster

Westcoaster
Thank you for your kind words. I'm fairly new to the saxophone ( forgot to mention this, major omission ! ). I've purchased a JP042 Tenor,which is a local supplier with generally good reviews. I use a Runyon SR mouthpiece and Rico Royal 1.5's. I used to play trumpet for many years but have always loved the sound of the Sax particularly Tenor and Baritone. My favourite musicians are those of the West Coast scene ( Mulligan, Sims etc). I adore Ben Webster's ballad playing and anything to do with the various incarnations of Count Basie's Orchestra. I'm also interested in the clarinet particularly the unorthodox playing of Sandy Brown,Pee Wee Russell and Johnny Dodds. Regards, Nick.

TomMapfumo

Hi Nick!

John Packer are a good firm - I own 3 of their instruments (2 JP/Rath trombones and a JP/smith-Watkins cornet). West Coast is good stuff - love Chet Baker, Paul Desmond and others. Good luck with your practice time. Do you have lessons? What tutor books do you use? Do you still play trumpet? Several of us do, in addition to sax.

Kind regards
Tom

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Café Supporter
Hi Nick

Welcome to the cafe,hope you enjoy the fun.As for new years resolutions I'm afraid when it comes to the sax it would have to be the other way round and resolve to stop playing with my pride and joy quite so much,I'm sure every body must be allowed so much fun in their lives and I might be exhausting my total allowance...All the best and happy new year...John

Top Bottom