All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Greetings sax players from Basingstoke, Hampshire

Old Mac

I am really a guitarist. It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it. Some of my best friends are sax players, and they know full well that although I play the guitar in public, I really play the sax when nobody is looking.

Regards

Old Mac

Fraser Jarvis

Ah, Basingstoke, thats near Sutton Scottney and Dummer...........proper Archie Coats country! think you'll soon get used to the sax and be out gigging in no time if your already doing it on guitar, hi from me BTW..

TomMapfumo

Hi Mac!

A Big Welcome to Cafe Sax from the Skabertawe Horn Section down by yer in South Wales, mind!

We all hope that you have a fulfilling time here, and look forward to hearing about what type of sax, what type of music
and anything else you'd like to share.

Kind regards
Tom :thumb:

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Quite a few (Ex) Guitarists round these parts Mac so you'll soon feel at home. Welcome to the Cafe..

Chris..

Oppps!:confused: Nearly forgot I also used to play the guitar. Been that long I forgot>:)

Old Mac

Well what a fabulous welcome from all, thanks very much, most appreciated! At the moment, the nearest I get to sax playing is via a midi guatir and a Korg TR rack . . err not quite the same thing, but I do use an old reed as a plectrum. The most bizarre experience with that set up was when I used the midi guitar to access the drum kit with a different drum assigned to each string. Lovely technology, absolutely dreadful results!

Young Col

Welcome Old Mac. As a one time Sarf Lunnun dweller (I happen to know) you will be entitled to the protection of the Croydon and Sarf Lunnun Massive, once you have paid your dues. These will be collected by OG when he can get the turbo fixed on the Zimmer.
YC

Old Mac

Ah yes, as you know, we are both Knights of the Hill. Look forward to meeting the Massive! Thanks for the welcome, YC, OC! My first car had a down draft Zimmer carburetter

saxplorer

Welcome Old Mac! (thinks ... guitar player near Basingstoke ..... hmmmmm ... watch out for a pm!)

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom