support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Greetings from the United States (Texas)

Good day all!
I am a 39 year old newbie or late bloomer to the saxophone world. Quick history: In grade school, my initial love was the sound of the saxophone. After joining music class when I celebrated my 13th birthday, my parental figures said I was out of my mind if I thought I was going to play such an expensive instrument.:confused:

Second option - Drums - yes! Make lots of noise. Music director - Sorry you didn't pass the rhythm test; you can't play the drums. How about the baritone (brass)? :shocked: What is that? Needless to say, I played baritone (aka euphonium) for 6 years. Saxophones dreams were a bust.

Fast-forward - The Texas Jazz Festival has been a staple for 52 years in my town; for 20 years straight I have attended the festival and have been amazed by these musicians. Finally, this year I said, "I WILL learn to play the saxophone!" I began my search for an instructor and I have found an accomplished jazz musician that has been teaching the saxophone for 15 years. I begin my journey this coming Monday on the tenor saxophone.

Saxophone dreams (once again) - I am extremely excited to get started with my lessons. I have contacted the local music store and they are holding a Yamaha YTS 23 for me; I will be picking it up tomorrow. I decided to join this forum because of the talent and knowledge that is always available on these websites.

I hope to be posting regularly and using this sight to keep myself motivated in becoming a good sax player. I plan on capturing video of my progress; Wish me luck!

NewbieTENOR

Welcome to the wonderful world of saxophones! Warning, you are about to become an addict, oh sure, you can resist, but it will beat you. It always does! The signs of a sax addict are as follows

1) Severe weight loss in the wallet department!
2) Repetitive strain injury, normally caused by typing on computer keyboards.
3) Severe eye strain, caused by reading ridiculous threads on internet forums.
4) Neck pain, from bending forwards trying to read internet forums.
5) Severe headache. Normally caused by a partner's hand connecting with your head, after saying things like "I need a new mouthpiece, this one's no good!"

Enjoy.

Welcome to the cafe:)

Good luck with your first lesson Ed, I am sure your initial enthusiasm will continue to grow.

Let us know how you go on, any questions just ask away.

Jx

Welcome to the forum. I'm also a fellow newbie. I've learned a bit, most of it from these people right here they are some of the best people you can ask. Enjoy and keep on playing your soul now belongs to Adolphe Sax.

As I sit here, listening to some John Coltrane "You Don't Know What Love Is", I want to say thank you to each of you for the warm welcome.
I truly believe this will become an addiction for me and I hope the neighbors will be forgiving. Currently, I have a great rapport with them.. we'll see after a week of practicing. ;}
Thanks to everyone again for the warm welcome.
-Eduardo-

Welcome Eduardo Great place to be. Newbie here, picked up a great deal of knowledge from the ladies and gents. of this forum. also a vast fund of knowledge ranging from music to the meaning of life.

This question from me and purely discretionary on your part. Do you get the National Enquirer delivered in your part of Texas and is it delivered in the classical Hollywood movie style of the clean crew -cutted (no doubt hidden by his stetson ibeing a Texan) young lad riding his bicycle and throwing the NE at your front door, before going to school?

This question will become quite clear when you have had a chance to read some of my previous posts. Auto suggestive N.

Hi,

Welcome. Hope your journey is a good one, never give up the dreams. I am a newbie as well (10 months into the tenor) and before I bought my current horn, was renting a Yammie YTS 23. It was great so you are getting off to the right start.

Good luck and enjoy the forum as I do. :thumb:

Welcome Eduardo Great place to be. Newbie here, picked up a great deal of knowledge from the ladies and gents. of this forum. also a vast fund of knowledge ranging from music to the meaning of life.

This question from me and purely discretionary on your part. Do you get the National Enquirer delivered in your part of Texas and is it delivered in the classical Hollywood movie style of the clean crew -cutted (no doubt hidden by his stetson ibeing a Texan) young lad riding his bicycle and throwing the NE at your front door, before going to school?

This question will become quite clear when you have had a chance to read some of my previous posts. Auto suggestive N.

My curiosity got a hold of me and I had to go search for National Enquirer :D
Sorry to disappoint, but no, our deliveries comes in 4 wheel gas guzzling chariots and no stetsons :)))

Hi,

Welcome. Hope your journey is a good one, never give up the dreams. I am a newbie as well (10 months into the tenor) and before I bought my current horn, was renting a Yammie YTS 23. It was great so you are getting off to the right start.

Good luck and enjoy the forum as I do. :thumb:

Thank you! 10 months seem so distant for me but I will take it day by day and practice, practice, practice!

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom