All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

greetings from the states

fredbart

I been reading posts here for about a year. I thought it was time I was able to add my 2 pence worth. My name is Frank Barry. I play mostly tenor sax. I play in an oldies band called The Chinese Bandits. I play tenor,alto, and bari with them. My tenor is a 1950 Conn 10M with a H COUF J8 mouthpiece and Rico Royal 2 1/2 reeds. Alto is a Buffet Evette Super Dynaction from the early 70's with a custom GW mouthpiece and soft BARI "plastic" reed. Baritone is a late model Olds low A with a Vandoren mpc and soft BARI reed. I use the BARI reeds on the 2 saxes that sit onstage a lot because I avoid the problem of the reeds drying out.

les3716

I been reading posts here for about a year. I thought it was time I was able to add my 2 pence worth. My name is Frank Barry. I play mostly tenor sax. I play in an oldies band called The Chinese Bandits. I play tenor,alto, and bari with them. My tenor is a 1950 Conn 10M with a H COUF J8 mouthpiece and Rico Royal 2 1/2 reeds. Alto is a Buffet Evette Super Dynaction from the early 70's with a custom GW mouthpiece and soft BARI "plastic" reed. Baritone is a late model Olds low A with a Vandoren mpc and soft BARI reed. I use the BARI reeds on the 2 saxes that sit onstage a lot because I avoid the problem of the reeds drying out.

Hi Frank, would love to see some photo's of your saxophones - Sounds good an oldies band, heading that way myself!
Welcome to the Cafe and enjoy the trip!
Les.

Sunray

Play us a tune Frank ... [lmao] ...

Hey Hey Frank ...

A big Welcome from me too mate ... ;}

Jonners

Hi Frank - welcome - great to hear from you guys over the pond.

I think more and more people are getting to appreciate the instant useability of plastic and Kevlar reeds. I'm quite a fan of the Hahne reeds (hope I've spelled it correctly) - actually only ever bought one about 9 months ago and it gets better and better. Just pick it up and blow... Now if I can get some help making the fingers work a bit better we might be in business

All the best
Ian

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Frank

Welcome aboard hope you enjoy being part of the forum,you must have lots to offer with your experience,it will be good to see your posts in the future...all the best ...john

tommy

Hi Frank, would love to see some photo's of your saxophones - Sounds good an oldies band, heading that way myself!
Welcome to the Cafe and enjoy the trip!
Les.

do'nt sent him photo's he takes them and puts them on the web watch out lol

Top Bottom