Greetings from sunny Geordie Land.

Rock Lobster

Hello everyone. I'm a reletively new player, 10 months in lessons with the most patient teacher in the northern hemisphere. After 25 years moaning, (or was it begging), my wife bought me an Alto as a surprise Christmas present last year. My life is now complete but I must say that the beginners diary from Chris saved my life on many occasions as i became depressed/frustrated with my progress. Thanks Chris. Nice to join the community here. Onwards and upwards, (hopefully).

Taz

Busking Oracle
as i became depressed/frustrated with my progress.
Why else would most sax players play the blues?
Welcome to the Cafe, I'm glad you found help from Chris's diary. It's a very well written piece that I've found a good read too.

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Greetings form Crowborough/Brighton! Like the name (my wife collects lobsters- not real ones). Welcome to the brekky room..
By the way- can we get you to translate the more impenetrable geordie-ese from Dave Keighley :) ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the caff. I too have been at it for ten months and progress appears slow but application is all. Enjoy. BTW I've written a little piece for beginners in the Sax champions bit. If its a little helpful - great, if not then it was only a few minutes of your time.

If you hav a sax question, the answer which may take a little finding is likely to be in here somewhere. Happy hunting.

OP
Rock Lobster

Rock Lobster

Thanks for the comments

Thanks very much for the kind words. My name does indeed reference the B52s, I love their songs, I also like lobsters. It has cheered me up reading the replies following last nights practice, good days and bad days, more practice = more progress, (eventually).

dooce

Welcome from a fellow B-52s fan. Just about to start working out the brass for Love Shack which our band has decided to include in the set.

You might enjoy this - not the originals but an excellent tribute band - Stairway to Heaven

Luluna

Señora
Subscriber
Welcome Rock Lobster...... makes me want to change my name to Quiche Lorraine :)

love the B-52's.....from my own Private Idaho...in Vermont

Enjoy the CS !

Top Bottom