All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Greetings from Seattle

Gandalfe

Hello, my name is Jim Glass (aka Gandalfe on the Woodwind Forum and SOTW). I am a sax addict.

Just peekin' in to see what Pete has wrought here. Most of my intro info is in my profile. It will take me a while to catch up with the conversations started here. I currently run and play in the following groups:
All are hobbyist groups that play less than 5 or 6 gigs a year. Two more clips in this intro:
I look forward to getting to know y'all. Cheers.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff, Jim.

Be careful, there are a number of Apple Fanboys here, so careful with the Micr$oft or someone else will be taking sick leave along with Steve. ;}

ENJOY!

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Big welcome from me too. Have seen your posts on SOTW (well, not all of them)....

First McAfee, now MS. I'm not an Apple fanboi, Unix, MVS, TPF are more my thing. But I won't hold MS against you. :)))

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Welcome Jim
With a name like Glass it's not suprising you live in Seattle. I get my glassmaking tools from there and know quite a few studio glassmakers in the area.
Will look forward to your input.
Andrew

Sunray

Wotcha Mate ...

Hey Hey from me in Norfolk in the UK ...

I am just a beginner, but don't let that scare you, I also like a bit of fun - :shocked:

But I'm very serious about learning to read music and play my Alto and Tenor Sax's well ...

Cheers for now - we can chatter later ... :cheers:

Gandalfe

Wow, go to lunch (with the wife) and return to find four responses. Not bad folks, not bad. Just because I work at Microsoft doesn't mean I don't play with other technology. Hell, I have a Droid right now. And I'm teaching my 80-year old dad to use the iPad, which I luv and he hates. ;O)

Sunray

Dad's ...

Wow, go to lunch (with the wife) and return to find four responses. Not bad folks, not bad. Just because I work at Microsoft doesn't mean I don't play with other technology. Hell, I have a Droid right now. And I'm teaching my 80-year old dad to use the iPad, which I luv and he hates. ;O)

Gandalfe ...

I envy you mate ... That's something I would have really enjoyed ... to have "my ole dad" around in his later years ...

Enjoy every moment and stand no nonsense from him ... It's you turn now - lol >:)

Teach him well ... :welldone

Cheers mate ... :cheers:

TomMapfumo

Hi Jim, and welcome to the cafe from the Skabertawe Horn Section, over by yer in Wales! I hope that enjoy a warm welcome here and I look forward to your contributions over the next few months. I primarily play brass, but can't cope with any of the brass forums out there - just too dry and conservative - life destroying! :w00t: :shocked: ;}

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Apple devotee;}

Two Voices

Hi Jim,

Welcome to the Café! Looks like you’ll be answering more questions than asking them :D

I’ve only been playing the sax for a few months but have become completely captivated by these horns, so I guess I’m becoming a Sax Addict too :D

See you on the forum,

Paul

P.S. I’m an open source advocate (I like being different) :)))

thehunt

Big welcome from me too, you will find everyone here a great bunch so look forward to seeing soem posts from you. All the best Phil

Larn

Hi Jim and welcome visit Seattle a couple of times a year as I've got relatives up in Bellingham.

Mark.

Young Col

Hi Jim. Welcome ( and this will have to serve as a belated welcome to several others I have missed over the last week - have been busy!).
So there's another company in Seattle, apart from the one that makes aeroplanes?
YC

Gandalfe

Hi Jim. Welcome ( and this will have to serve as a belated welcome to several others I have missed over the last week - have been busy!).
So there's another company in Seattle, apart from the one that makes aeroplanes?

YC
Oh yes, besides Boeing and Microsoft other Seattle biggies include:
Musically, I like Marina Music for some hard to find jazz charts and audio to preview each candidate chart for my big band.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ville K.

Hello Jim,

I immeadiately noticed a familiar name as you joined here. I have also been a member in SOTW for a few good years before joining here in the Café. Great to have you with us as I'm sure you have something to contribute to this forum too.

Kind regards,

Ville (aka VilleK. on SOTW)

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom