support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Greetings from "Lost" Angeles!!

I actually stumbled upon this website and thought I'd "hang" a bit with everyone. I'm also up on sax on web, but haven't been there for awhile.

I want to say a special howdy to Pete Thomas. I've been following your exploits for quite some time, and bow deeply in your general direction.

I'll be checking in on a fairly regular basis. Keep on honkin' everyone.

Regards

Dave "Woody" Woodford

Hmmmm, if this is the David Woodford (look him up), I don't think the word "idol" in my regard is quite appropriate. Hi David, and welcome.
Thanks Pete. I guess I am "THE" David Woodford, for what it's worth...and I have no problem bowing in you general direction, my friend. I'm happy to see another outlet for sax players here on the "interweb". Actually, I'm happy to see thee are still sax players out here at all. I have a feeling we ARE a dying breed.... Keep On Honkin! Dave "Woody" Woodford

Goddag, Goddag Dave. Welcome from Sweden and Scania! Thomas
THOMAS!!! I'd recognize that Obama air freshener anywhere! Forgive me for not emailing you with thanks. I'm just getting back on the web again. I have my first session since the accident coming up on Tuesday. I'll keep you posted. Good to see an old friend up here. Luv DW

Welcome Dave,

I always enjoyed reading your "Rock 'N' Roll Gunslinger" articles in Saxophone Journal, and listening to your sax playing.

After reading Andrew Clark's initial interview with you I ended up importing a couple of Dr. Strut albums from the States.

Are you still playing the 61 series Yamaha tenor?

Kind regards,

Greg S.

Welcome Dave, I always enjoyed reading your "Rock 'N' Roll Gunslinger" articles in Saxophone Journal, and listening to your sax playing. After reading Andrew Clark's initial interview with you I ended up importing a couple of Dr. Strut albums from the States. Are you still playing the 61 series Yamaha tenor? Kind regards, Greg S.
Hey Greg, Yep...I'm STILL playing the 61 tenor. I'm getting too old to switch now, and the new horns I'd be interested in checking out are simply way too expensive. thanks for the remarks about Andrew, Dr. Strut and Saxophone Journal. I'm flattered. there was a third Dr. Strut album, "Soul Surgery" that was released in Japan. We were about to record it for Motown when Berry Gordy decided to drop the entire "Jazz Division". Our producer/engineer, the late, great(I mean brilliant) Barney Perkins, helped us finish the record, and we ended up securing a deal with Canyon/Agharta Records. Sorry...I'm starting to ramble. Thanks again for the kind words Dave Woodford

THOMAS!!! I'd recognize that Obama air freshener anywhere! Forgive me for not emailing you with thanks. I'm just getting back on the web again. I have my first session since the accident coming up on Tuesday. I'll keep you posted. Good to see an old friend up here. Luv DW

Dave,
I'm glad you got the Obamabaum. Funny, I was just listen to your sax on "Since I Met You Baby" (Ivory Joe Hunter) when I saw your post. We are going/trying to do that song. The "rattle" with the right hand sidekeys on the solo (I think that's what you're doing?) is not easy to do right! Peace/Thomas

Back
Top Bottom