All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Greetings from Crete!

SallySax

Good to be here! I've just spent a hour or so being entertained and informed by the various postings and words of wisdom around the site.

I'm an older learner (over 21 - again!) with an Antigua Alto, a pile of books, reeds and other stuff that beginners just can't resist buying. Thanks to learning to read music at Primary school all those years ago, I know the technical basics, which has given me a platform on which to build. I'm 'teaching' myself, and fortunately, we have no near neighbours, so I can blow as loud as I like and indeed when I like :) . My husband no longer goes out when I'm practising, so I must be making progress - he recognises most of the tunes now!

I like Jazz (but not that weird off-the-wall stuff), blues, rock, classical, in fact just about everything, with the exceptions of Cliff Richard and Mantovani! Sax-wise, I'm still discovering players and styles, but really like Dexter Gordon and Gerry Mulligan.

That's it - a highly edited and potted profile :D Any guidance or tips much appreciated!

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Hi Sally,

Welcome aboard, from sunny but very cold and snowy Scotland - oh to be somewhere warm and sunny!

Enjoy,

Cheers,

Amanda

Sunray

Hey Hey Sally ... [Sunray waves from Norfolk] :old:

Welcome to the Cafe ...

Good to meet you ...

You aren't "Long Tall Sally" from the "Swinging Sixties" are you? ;}

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Hi Sally

Welcome from me too:)

Oh to be somewhere warm

Enjoy your sax:thumb:

Jx

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Sally.

Don't like Sir Harold Webb?

In that case

ENJOY!

SallySax

Thank-you everyone!

So far, I am really enjoying myself, even on the days when nothing sounds right, and my fat fingers lose their way! I'm beginning to hear the difference between various artist and their styles, and am looking forward to finding a style of my own.

Thanks again for the warm welcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom