All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Greetings From California

OutToLunch!

Hey everyone, I'm a college student in San Francisco, from Los Angeles; a guitar player with a deep love for all instruments, particularly the sax. I joined because I am looking to start learning the sax, and figured joining a community of sax enthusiasts would be a good idea to get me started on the right foot. Hope all is well with everyone, see you guys around.

-Alejandro

LAP13

Hi and welcome

I've only been here a day and already feel very welcome so I'm sure you'll enjoy it

Taz

Busking Oracle
Alejandro, welcome to the most wonderful place in the world!
Have you already decided which sax your going to get. alto, tenor or maybe even a baritone. I purposely left out the squealy beasts that are the mini saxes, they're just not my cup of tea!
What sort of music do you like as this will also have a bearing your choice of axe!
Whatever you get, enjoy the ride!

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Alejandro

Welcome to the cafe from over the pond here in Manchester, get yourself a sax sorted as soon as possible,you don't realize the pleasure your missing out on...all the best to you ....john

ps alto's are my bag

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Hi Alejandro
This is what happens to all us guitarists, we are bitten by the sax bug. This way lies madness.
Andrew
(and welcome!)

OutToLunch!

Hahaha I am looking forward to the madness. Thanks very much everyone for the warm welcome. My roots are in Rock and Blues, but my main love is Jazz in all its forms; I couldn't even start to list the artists as I'd be here for hours (possibly days), but I decided on the alto. Every time I hear good saxophone, which is quite often daily, (especially Dolphy and Coltrane playing "Impressions") I always say to myself, "damn, I need to learn how to play the sax", so here I am. I posted a thread in the beginners forum looking for suggestions for a good beginner alto if anyone has any input. Thanks again

Sunray

Hey Hey Alejandro ... Welcome mate ...

But ...

That ain't everyone ...

There are loads more of us, all waiting to say a big Hi to you ... ;}

I am sure more of them will be along soon ...

Have loads of fun mate ... :w00t:

PS - Alejandro- You just cannot be OutToLunch! - in a Cafe ... :)))

Last edited by a moderator:

les3716

Hi Alejandro. Welcome to the Cafe - Glad to hear your taking up the Sax (Alto) Brill

What you studying in college?

Les.

Filton

Hi and welcome , from yet another guitarist turned sax player. . . Sax is a great, fun journey!

OutToLunch!

Hey everyone thanks very much for the warm welcomes, if I may insert a plug I have another thread in the beginner forum about a good alto sax, if anyone can give any input it would be much appreciated, particularly on the sax I am currently looking at, which is a Kessler, although of course any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks again for the greetings, I look forward to learning from all of you while I am here.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Alejandro.

Keep up the California Dreaming.

ENJOY!

Adrian63

Alejandro. Hi man. Taking time to learn some horn. You will not regret it. Alto is your preference? Please take your time in choosing. May be an idea to hire/ rent one; get the feel. In that time you can learn a little on different horn brands. Get yourself a good mpc. to begin. Not being an altoman; i am not the guy to ask. Good luck. Blues guitar. " Kelly Joe Phelps "??

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom